Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ever since I started chaining her out durring the day she has pulled me on walks so I got a no-pull harness and it was okay,but I left it out one day and she chewed it up(my fault)but she has gotten really bad about pulling me , im not sure if its where she has extra energy but I dont walk her on the road anymore because she pulls. She has a long chain(20ft) and I walk her around the yard,which is pretty big,to try and run off some of that energy,then when shes gets a little tired walk her.

Any suggestions on a good harness or technique ? I tried treats but she just sits there wanting them or smelling my hand all the way up the road lol,I havent tried it in a while so maybe I need to again :confused: I also tried turning around when she pulls but that dosent stop it .

Also,theres a huge moutain behind the house I used to take her on,will this help with the energy ?

·
Registered
776 Posts
what i do to stop pulling is go with a (correctly fit ) prong collar and just pop them every time they try to pass you . Make sure to praise when they are in the spot you want them to walk. Only treat them when they are doin EXACTLY the thing you want them to . Also , make them sit and wait at doors and go in after you and with permission. Tireing them out pre walk may help too .. they need alot of exercise

·
I'm the blue dragon!
4,563 Posts
what i do to stop pulling is go with a (correctly fit ) prong collar and just pop them every time they try to pass you . Make sure to praise when they are in the spot you want them to walk. Only treat them when they are doin EXACTLY the thing you want them to . Also , make them sit and wait at doors and go in after you and with permission. Tireing them out pre walk may help too .. they need alot of exercise
:goodpost: yeah what he said. :D

·
Registered
41 Posts
I gave up and bought a harness and have him pull me on my skateboard. I figured alright you wanna pull, pull your brains out. My neighbors crack up everytime they see us going by.

I would not recommend this to anyone that cant ride a skateboard though, you're going to fly! Even if you can skateboard id recommend doing it on some sort of incline.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I gave up and bought a harness and have him pull me on my skateboard. I figured alright you wanna pull, pull your brains out. My neighbors crack up everytime they see us going by.

I would not recommend this to anyone that cant ride a skateboard though, you're going to fly! Even if you can skateboard id recommend doing it on some sort of incline.
This for sure! I used to skate a ton when I was a little younger and even then it surprised me how fast they get goin when they want to :pupruns: so yes be extremely careful with that... I know some people use rollerblades too which I have tried but I get sketchy cause I feel I have a LOT less control.. thats just me personally.. might work perfect for others.

·
I'm the blue dragon!
4,563 Posts

This for sure! I used to skate a ton when I was a little younger and even then it surprised me how fast they get goin when they want to :pupruns: so yes be extremely careful with that... I know some people use rollerblades too which I have tried but I get sketchy cause I feel I have a LOT less control.. thats just me personally.. might work perfect for others.
funny suggestions. this actually become a bit of a sport, jouring (sp?). i see it with skis more often but still sounds like fun. :)

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
funny suggestions. this actually become a bit of a sport, jouring (sp?). i see it with skis more often but still sounds like fun. :)
Thats a good idea,but I cant ride a skateboard lol. Knowing my luck my dog would see a bird or a cat and chase it,and i would probley land in the creek .:rain:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts