Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
We got our pup one of those toy tires today at the pet store, that's supposed to floss their teeth and help cut them in at the same time etc. Well I don't think there's much to be alarmed about but my fiancée on the other hand is freaked out because our pup has been throwing up. I think its just the fact that something about the tires material didn't set well with her stomach, it says right on it that it is non-toxic but I do realize she's a puppy and her stomach may be more sensitive than say a larger dog. I was just looking for some input to see if I'm being dumb for not worrying about the situation or if I should stay cool like I have been.

· Premium Member
5,143 Posts
Has she ingested any large chunks of it? It's possible it could be a blockage. Keep an eye on her when she goes to the bathroom to make sure things seem to be moving through.

How old is she? If its not a blockage it might be a reaction to the feed you are using. Loki developed allergies to corn at about 5-6 months. He would throw up literally about 5-6 times a day for over a month. I finally switched to Canidae (was originally feeding Beneful...) Lamb & Rice which he did better but eventually moved on from there to Taste of the Wild and we have been feeding that ever since.

Just make sure you keep an eye on her, if her energy level drops and she becomes lethargic and stops eating you might want to take her to the vet. Otherwise it might just be a case of puppies eating crap off the ground and getting sick...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.