Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i need help i guess seeing where my puppy falls on the puppy scale if there is such a thing i know for humans there is a child growth scale bottom line was interested in if she is the right height and weight for her age she will be 3months on the 10th i havent measured her height but her weight is 25lbs

·
Premium Member
379 Posts
Average. She looks to finish up at 55-60 pounds to me. Smaller bully style to me. She should remain athletic and not easily winded like some of the bigger dogs. That's by looking at her mother and father.

·
Premium Member
13,373 Posts
When she is four months old you can double her weight and it will give you an idea of how big she will get. Because of many scatter bred pedigrees it is hard to say what normal is. If she was a particular bloodline that was tightly bred you might have a better idea. With the popularity of the bully many ppl get the two breeds confused so they is a big split when it comes to size. So unless you know the dogs in her ped and they are not scatter bred your best chance of a guess is weigh her at 4 months and double the weight. If she is already 25lbs then I would guess she will be around 50-60 but give her another month to put weight on. Several of my most recent dogs at 4 months weigh about 12-17lbs and when mature are about 25 to 35lbs.

·
Premium Member
4,321 Posts
She is very cute and looks to be growing just fine. Their is no growth chart for APBT pups. It is mostly effected by genetics/bloodlines and the way the dog was bred, inbreeding, linebreeding etc. However, things like:
nutrition, overall health, care, also play roles.

·
Premium Member
13,373 Posts
well her bloodline is razor edge/watch dog and Grayline but thanks for the info
Then if you know her pedigree and the dogs behind her that will give you the best clue of how big she will be. Now if the dog is scatter bred and not line bred it will be harder to tell. You can have a million different dogs with RE and watchdog in them but unless they have consistency in the dogs size or are the same dogs like in a line breeding they might not be the same in size. Since you have a bully dog with bully lines and given her weight I would think closer to 60 bu weight her at 4 months and use that as your best guess. ps she is super cute!! :woof:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts