·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my 7 month old pup shows no da/ is that normal??:confused:

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
yes, and just because he has not shown any doesn't mean it might not creep in, anywhere from 8months-3years so do not EVER let your guard down or leave him alone unsupervised with ANY animal ever.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Yes. Some dogs do not show DA until they are much older and some start out soon and some don't at all. I have had pups want to destroy each other at three months and I have also had dogs that have been okay with dogs until they reached an older age and I also have cold dogs who love animals. DA is expected but doesn't always happen. Even in a cold dog never trust it not to fight.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Agree with what everyone else posted, my dog hates all girl dogs,learned that the hard way .

she started showing signs at 6 months or so ,cant really remember,and just cause they are fine for a minute dosent mean things cant change in an instant .

although she does like one dog of mine, I still dont leave alone

·
English Dogge Yard
3,441 Posts
A dog can turn DA from very young as a pup (say 5 months) on up well in senior ages. Theres no "set in stone" day where this happens.

·
Registered
901 Posts
Beastley will be 3 in Nov and as of yet he hasn't shown signs of DA, he loves playing along the fence line with the neighbors dog. It's a whole nother story with my other dog. He didn't show DA (even though he isn't a APBT) until he was 8y/o and 6 mths after owning my APBT. I am always out with my dogs just in case. I have been through the terrors of a severe dog fight and it is nothing pretty or cheap.

·
Premium Member
2,377 Posts
Perfectly normal as everyone else says. There's no guarantee it will stay that way though. Prevention is better than cure.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts