Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I have a rednose pitbull puppy that is now nine weeks old, and he has the most beautiful eyes, kinda turquoise green! I posted a pic but they are really much prettier in real life. Anyways, I just wondered if anyone knows if his eyes will stay this color or could they still change? Thanks!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,824 Posts
His eyes will probably change. When we got Cain at 8 weeks he had bright bright beautiful green eyes. He's a year now and they're hazel colored.

And red nose is just the color of your pups nose. It is not a bloodline or type :)

Cute pup!

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
309 Posts
They will probably change. My puppy had blue eyes until he was about 4 months old, now they are more hazel. He is blue though, if that makes a difference.

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,246 Posts
Puppies eyes usually change from blue, but if they have already changed to green then that is the color they could stay, Gold/green eyes are not uncommon for red dogs so it is very likely that they will stay at least close to that color.

·
Diggin' Deep
5,194 Posts
My dog in my avatar picture had green/gold eyes since she was about 3 months...they were originally more green.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I would have to agree with the previous posts. My puppy @ 12 weeks had beautiful green eyes and now @ 15 1/2 weeks her eyes are green/gold.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Your puppy is adorable!! My puppy is 18 weeks. He has hazel blue/green eyes. I saw pics of him when he was a younger pup and his eyes were def more blue, so they have changed already but I am hoping they stay the color they are now too :)
ImageUploadedByPG Free1361503219.707900.jpg

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
if they are green now I agree they will probably stay some shade of green, Cute pup.

·
Registered
33 Posts
They might change. When I got my boy he had greenish eyes. Now they are a pretty light brown. They changed gradually, he's 7 months now. My girl had gray eyes and now they are light brown too...

·
Premium Member
1,685 Posts
They will probably get like a hazel or match closely to his coloring. My boy had same color now it matches his coat. But his littermates had the same color eyes but their coats are different so their eyes look completely different

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have had two dogs born with blue eyes and stayed blue and two dogs born with brown eyes stay brown/walnut. So I guess I have never owned a dog who's eyes changed colors like everybody else lol.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts