Go Pitbull Dog Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
3,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So Beia ran out of her puppy food,and I wont have money till next Friday to get her the food I'm switching her and Bruno too(TOTW).
The question is,is it ok to feed her Bruno's food till I can buy the one,that caters to all life stages?
Bruno's is Kirkland signature Lamb and Rice formula. Is there something else I could give her while she's eating this? Or should I just ask my mom to borrow a few bucks to go get her the puppy food?

Beia is 3 months now,I think.

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
I think it will be fine. She might just have to eat a bit more of it.

Edit to add. I never feed my pups puppy food.

·
my crazy little mutt pack
3,272 Posts
i would just give her some of bruno's food, it's not great for there gut to do a sudden switch but she should be fine
if it's easy to borrow money do that but if not just feed her bruno's food

·
my crazy little mutt pack
3,272 Posts
then let her have it and give get the puppy food when you get a chance it shouldn't hurt her

·
Registered
13 Posts
Never have fed puppy food & most of the breeders I know haven't either.Even the breeders of large breeds I know don't use it.They say large breeds don't need it! Just my 2cents!

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,246 Posts
Never used Puppy feed... I am sure she will live. Might get the runs for a couple days...

·
Registered
6,167 Posts
So Beia ran out of her puppy food,and I wont have money till next Friday to get her the food I'm switching her and Bruno too(TOTW).
The question is,is it ok to feed her Bruno's food till I can buy the one,that caters to all life stages?
Bruno's is Kirkland signature Lamb and Rice formula. Is there something else I could give her while she's eating this? Or should I just ask my mom to borrow a few bucks to go get her the puppy food?

Beia is 3 months now,I think.
I would think it's ok to feed her this for a few days.It's better then her starving...

·
Banned
3,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
^

Lol. I wouldn't starve her,I just don't want to make her sick. Maybe I will just stick to this food. Saves me money,and she doesn't seem to be bothered by it. Not even the runs.
We never gave our pups growing up puppy food,but times have changed,so I wasn't sure.

·
Premium Member
348 Posts
is it wrong not to feed puppy food cause I read somewhere that you shouldnt feed any specialty foods like :puppy,old dog and so on? I cant remember why they said not to though

·
Banned
3,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think it's just nutrition wise....I'm not to sure either. My vet just told me to feed Beia a large breed puppy food,if I was gonna get puppy food. But if it's ok to just feed her what I feed Bruno,then I wont even bother changing to TOTW,cause the food I get them now is pretty good,and is like $30 cheaper.

·
Premium Member
348 Posts
well I dont know if it was right but since I was feeding m sisters and my dog I just got regulkar from the start. well real early on I had some puppy food but most was adult food. seems jack turned out fine

·
Dare to dance the tide
12,401 Posts
I don't buy puppy food either. I start my dogs out on whatever feed I'm ging to use. I have to say that all of my dogs do just fine. I'm sure that if Beia is sneaking Bruno's food she wouldn't get sick from the switch. Also if your dog is doing fine on the food you should stick with it.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts