Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
he is 2 months currently and they were already feeding him diamond for pups. What are your recommendations for food to transition to or should I keep him on that? Price is not an issue. I want what is best for my boy.

·
Administrator
4,772 Posts
There is no such thing as "micro" any breed. Pocket class is the closest in name and that's the American Bully class 15" and shorter.
As far as food goes, the key is to feed what you have. Meaning watch the puppy, if he has constantly runny stool after a month of being home, you might like to look at other options or a probiotic. If you notice he's bloated and gassy all the time, try something different. I've fed diamond to a past dog and she did really well on it. My current dog is brachy and has a tear stain problem so I feed him for that. I had one dog that couldn't even eat kibble and had to go on raw. Every dog is different. Just watch your pup and see how he does with what you have.

Cryptid or not, I would LOVE to see pics of your puppy. Because I have puppy fever and I absolutely can not get another dog.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There is no such thing as "micro" any breed. Pocket class is the closest in name and that's the American Bully class 15" and shorter.
As far as food goes, the key is to feed what you have. Meaning watch the puppy, if he has constantly runny stool after a month of being home, you might like to look at other options or a probiotic. If you notice he's bloated and gassy all the time, try something different. I've fed diamond to a past dog and she did really well on it. My current dog is brachy and has a tear stain problem so I feed him for that. I had one dog that couldn't even eat kibble and had to go on raw. Every dog is different. Just watch your pup and see how he does with what you have.

Cryptid or not, I would LOVE to see pics of your puppy. Because I have puppy fever and I absolutely can not get another dog.

he is 2 months currently and they were already feeding him diamond for pups. What are your recommendations for food to transition to or should I keep him on that? Price is not an issue. I want what is best for my boy.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

i called him a pocket and was told no he is a micro, I was also told they are the same so imagine my confusion, right!?

he has loose stool on and off because he still had round worms and aspiration pneumonia so he was on antibiotics for the last 10 days and two additional rounds of dewormer. I ended up taking him back to the vet yesterday because he was still congested sounding and they put him on a tablet anabiotic and he got a vaccination and started him on simparico trio so I was never really sure if the loose stool was from the food or the antibiotics/dewormer. He is definitely not as gassy as he was a couple weeks ago so that’s a plus I guess.
the first pic was about two weeks ago and the last pic is from yesterday . He has put on about 5 lbs since the first vet visit until now.
Nose Dog Photograph Dog breed Jaw

·
Administrator
4,772 Posts
He's adorable! Good old back yard breeders, sending puppies home without deworming. :rolleyes: I'm glad he's safe with you now. Antibiotics can def cause loose stools. I would wait awhile before even considering a food change while his little body heals from all of the meds and changes. Keep posting pics, I can't wait to see how he turns out when he's older.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
He's adorable! Good old back yard breeders, sending puppies home without deworming. :rolleyes: I'm glad he's safe with you now. Antibiotics can def cause loose stools. I would wait awhile before even considering a food change while his little body heals from all of the meds and changes. Keep posting pics, I can't wait to see how he turns out when he's older.
they Also said he had kennel cough which turned out to be pneumonia. but I will def keep
posting pics ! Thank you!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I feed Pro Plan right now

I've fed another rations but it was much worse than pp. You can also take an attention to the source where you can find a lot of useful articles about puppies and their character traits as well as diets, depending on age and breed.

There are a lot of examples and not all will fit.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Would love an update!
Raw food is best, if they'll eat it. Some just refuse, I think it might be a texture issue. I discovered Conner doesn't like the patties, even cut up, but does well on the nuggets. Go figure.
Anyhow, I do find the whole " puppy food" thing quite the marketing gimmick. Animals don't feed different foods based on the age of their young!😁
Obviously, breed, age, activity level, health issues can determine certain food requirements, just don't EVER go with a vet sold food...there is no food in that food.
Remember, dry foods are not "natural", so add water or broth, better for the kidneys!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts