Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We finally get to pick up our girl tomorrow!! I've been doing some research and just cannot decide which food to get.. would love to hear everyone's recommendations based on your own experience as well as the price you pay for it, and how long it lasts you (please include number of furbabies feed from it). I would love to get Orijen or Acana but unfortunately that's not in our price range right now. Those who are more experienced than just with your own.. What would be the best top 5 (besides Orijen and Acana) in your opinion? Thank in advance for your time and advice :)

·
Premium Member
1,685 Posts
I feed my puppy blue buffalo wilderness "puppy" formula. He loves it and is doing great on it. Although after this bag, I am debating whether or not to go to orijen.

The 4lb bag lasted a little over 2 weeks, the cost of that bag was about $18

The 10lb bag lasted about a month and it was about $35

The 25lb bag cost about $60 and I've had it for over a month now with half a bag left still.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
I used to feed blue buffalo wilderness. About $50 bucks, 30lb bag, 4 cups a day. I switched to Acana regionals Pacifica and since its a better quality I feed 1 cup a day and $70

There are approximately 8 oz per cup, so 2 cups is approximately 16 oz (one pound)

2x30lbs= 60 cups in a bag
60/4 cups a day=15 days for $50 or $3.33/day for BBW
60/1 cup a day = 60 days for $70 or $1.16/day for Acana

All I am saying is it may seem more expensive and it depends on your dogs feeding habits of course but its cheaper to feed better.

Sent from Petguide.com App

·
Banned
5,496 Posts
I feed my puppy blue buffalo wilderness "puppy" formula. He loves it and is doing great on it. Although after this bag, I am debating whether or not to go to orijen.

The 4lb bag lasted a little over 2 weeks, the cost of that bag was about $18

The 10lb bag lasted about a month and it was about $35

The 25lb bag cost about $60 and I've had it for over a month now with half a bag left still.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
Dont debate switch.... ;)

·
Banned
5,496 Posts
I buy a 30lbs bag and a 5lbs of orijen every 2 weeks. I have 4 DOGS(no furbabies). My dogs range in size from 60-120. Biggest gets 4 cups (but is working) next one down gets3 (gonna get upped for winter weight and he has a crazy metabolism) then the smaller one gets 1.5-2 cups a day. Louis gets something different that I will not disclose....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts