Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are the negative effects of feeding a puppy adult food for a couple weeks? Will it make or break him? Reason I ask is because for the past few days I've been using adult mini chunks kibble on Duke, as I have yet to make it to the store. I plan on going later today, but I was just wondering what would happen if someone kept using adult kibble on a pup. Just food for thought! (no pun intended) :)

·
Proud CGC Parent
1,782 Posts
If you want to get really technical, puppies (generally) don't need puppy kibble. They'll do just fine if you put them straight onto adult kibble.

Your pup will be fine.

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
It's not an issue. I had my girl on BB wilderness for the first few months I had her and then some knuckling set in so I switched her to the adult lamb and rice Blue buffalo at about 6 months old. As you can see in my signature it doesn't affect growth. My girl is solid and very muscular :)

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Great to hear, and quite the relief.
So, I was driving around town and I found a LFS that sells TotW. I went ahead and went with the pacific stream w/ salmon formula. All stages, lol, just in case. I was freaking out thinking Duke wasn't getting the right vitamins by keeping him on the adult Nutro. Either way, I'm sure he will love the new feed, and thanks again for your guys input.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts