Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I Just Wanna Know Is It Safe To Bring My Puppy Outside In This Weather I Live in New England and We got Good Snow And Cold Weather but I dont Want him in da house all cooped up

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
yes its fine just keep in mind they can get cold so in moderation. There pads can get dry and cracked from being in the cold to much or from salt that people use to de ice so wash and dry well when comming in. I have coats for mine they are a short hair breed SO id use a sweater or coat if you have one.

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
Your fine bringing him out....though he needs a coat especially a baby ;) I never thought I'd own a dog that needs a coat LOL! But in this New England weather it is a must. Also becareful of the ice melt because it can burn their pads. If he does step in the salt and ice melt just wipe down his paws with a warm cloth. I use the pet friendly ice melt :)

·
Registered
244 Posts
My rule of thumb for patch is if its above 40 degrees I leave him outside when Im at work (he has a dog house loaded with cedar, to warm up when needed) anything below I feel is too cold for him, been doing that since he was about 6 mos.

If snow in the backyard I snow blow paths for him, last year my yard looked like a dog snow maze

1 - 4 of 4 Posts