Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought I'd share this. This may not work with every dog but its worth a try. My pup would just pull and pull when I brought him for a walk. Choking himself. I tried regular collars and a swift quick correction. That did not work. I tried a choke style collar doing the same thing. Still nothing. I tried turning around and walking the other way. Still NOTHING. I know these dogs need walks and exercise. Even at a jog he still pulled. I felt bad because he was basically choking himself the entire time. So, I thought maybe a harness would at least spread it out. But, holy crap. Lol. With the harness, absolutely no pull. This is a dog that would tug and tug until he coughed even at the end of miles walking. Now, he stays by my side no matter what speed im going.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
wow thats awesome! So many have such a hard time in a harness because it ENCOURAGES pulling, I am glad it worked for you!

·
Premium Member
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
wow thats awesome! So many have such a hard time in a harness because it ENCOURAGES pulling, I am glad it worked for you!
I know! Thats exactly what I thought would happen. But I figured at least if he continued to pull, it wouldnt be hurting him. Go figure. He just stopped. Hahaha.

Great news!!! And btw, he is so handsome :)

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
Thank you!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts