Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
image.jpg
My brothers dog just had pups, they are apbt w/ papers. He said I could have one in 8 weeks but I could go ahead and pick it. I was wondering if the markings on this puppy will be permanent? It is only two days old in this picture by the way.

·
Premium Member
5,100 Posts
I think those are just wrinkles. I have seen it before in young pups. The pup will likely end up being just solid blue.

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
my guess is no it will change , you will probabaly see changes within this 1st week even pup looks pretty young there. Here is one from our last litter and only a few hours old

similar dark tiger striping look as the one you showed { she changed and is just a normal brindle pattern now} the one above may be blue brindle or may just be blue with some darker spots right now or if it is still wet.
I would really wait as close to that 8 weeks as possible to pick a pup really hard to pick within the 1st few weeks they change soooo much. the runt now may be the biggest in 5 weeks and markings and colors can change and you cant see there stance or anything until they are up walking. Also personality is important to me you wont see that until there eyes are open and they are up running around playing and interacting.

·
Kelevra
1,733 Posts
it will change :)

here's one of mine at 2 days :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts