Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my youngest female is vomiting , looks like mucus, and has the runs. the older one has the runs... anything i can do? they are going to the vet tomorrow... ,my neighbors have a dog that just had puppies... i hope it isnt parvo... thanks, chris:(

·
Premium Member
5,100 Posts
Vet asap (like you are doing). Attempt to keep them hydrated until then, if they are interested you can give them broth or I've heard of others giving pedialite until you can get them checked out. Hydration is key. I hope it's not parvo. How are their energy levels at the moment?

·
Registered
780 Posts
Those are symptoms of multiple sickness.Im sure the vet will get to the bottom of this.Goodluck hopefully its something minor.

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
is it very foul smelling? { i know of course it foul lol but extremely like not normal} how old are the pups? those are symptoms of parvo { I just went through this with a litter and all survived so dont freak right away} try and keep them hydrated over night thats the best thing you can do , stop feeding for right now until you see the vet, but fluids are important pups can get dehydrated very fast . offer water or pedialyte or broth , if they wont drink on there own syringe it in atleast a few times through the night. get to the vet right away tomorrow they will do a snap test for parvo and can go from there, if its parvo its best to leave in the vet care so they can put them on IV fluids.
There are lots of other things that can cause this though so it may not be but regardless of what it is runs and vomiting can lead to dehydration fast.
have the pups had any shots ? how old are they? have you fed anything different? and when did symptoms start?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
symptoms started today i just washed their bowls ill give me water tonight, and wont feed them tomorrow is gatorade ok for them?
thanks guys

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i live on the north side of houston, but i bought the food on the southside they eat pedigree puppy perhaps the food i got was old or rancid? doesnt smell bad tho

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
try the water for now tonight , if they take it on there own bonus. but get to the vet ASAP tomorrow like morning time. you just cleaned there bowls today? did you use any chemicals bleach or anything and have they ate or drank out of them yet? could they may have gotten into something toxic? just seems weird if its something not like parvo that they would both be ill .

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
It could be the food this is the 1st time you fed from that bag? bring a bit of it to the vet tomorow , not sure if they can test it for anything but worth a shot especially if the snap tests are neg.

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
ya that shouldnt bug them like that . hope they are ok let us know what the vet says tomorrow , just remember no food until you see the vet and keep them hydrated. are they the only dogs in your home?

·
Premium Member
5,100 Posts
Off topic, when your pups are feeling better look into feeding them something better than pedigree. That stuff is crapola,

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
parvo is contracted usually 10 days prior to 1st symptoms. but dont start freaking out could be any numerous reasons why they arent feeling well, let them sleep it is night but make sure when they wake up you try and get some fluids in them.

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
I know its early but any word yet ? been thinkin of your pups hope they are feelin better.

·
yea, i'm that guy
2,445 Posts
how old are they? and have they had all their shots yet?? i thought Diesel had parvo at one point.. vomiting, diarreaha(sp?) .. he still ate, drank water... ended up having ate something he couldnt pass.. he threw it up a few days later and was all better..

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.