Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What does this mean exactly. My pups dad on her UKC registration application says he was purple ribbon bred. Any info would be great. Im guessing that the parents of my pups father won some kind of titles in something but I have no clue as to what. Thanks :)

Reactions: Lex's Guardian

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,258 Posts
Nothin much. 3 Generations registered with the UKC.So pretty much all UKC dogs are PR bred now a days.

Well actually all will be soon since they closed and stopped adding in ADBA ect dogs.

·
Premium Member
460 Posts
What does this mean exactly. My pups dad on her UKC registration application says he was purple ribbon bred. Any info would be great. Im guessing that the parents of my pups father won some kind of titles in something but I have no clue as to what. Thanks :)
lol yea I used to think PR was some kind of award too. Bummer, huh? Its just like the poster said. Just means 3 generations with the UKC

·
Registered
11,428 Posts
It's a BYB's peddler's paradise money maker they love to push those PR's titles as if they were some sort of accomplishment.

·
Premium Member
460 Posts
It's a BYB's peddler's paradise money maker they love to push those PR's titles as if they were some sort of accomplishment.
I know, right? Very misleadin

·
Registered
116 Posts
LOL! I met a guy at PetsMart and that was all he kept talking about, "purple ribbon this and purple ribbon that" I had no clue what he was talking about. But when I asked if he showed or did weight pulling with his boy he said no- so I didn't think the PR meant too much. Smiled and then Tia and I walked away.

·
Premium Member
460 Posts
LOL! I met a guy at PetsMart and that was all he kept talking about, "purple ribbon this and purple ribbon that" I had no clue what he was talking about. But when I asked if he showed or did weight pulling with his boy he said no- so I didn't think the PR meant too much. Smiled and then Tia and I walked away.
Tell me your a Vols fan. Noticed your location

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Bummer! So nothing special huh? Oh well. But that doesn't mean that I have a byb bred dog Sadie right?? Or are you just saying that bybs like to use the PR when selling pups in general? My breeders health tested so as far as Bella's breeders go I wouldn't consider them that. I know what bybs are.....they are the ones who breed just for profit and don't care about genetics, temperment, or health. Just clarifying :)

·
Registered
11,428 Posts
Yes BYB's just love to push the PR because the average consumer doesn't know what it really is .. It's sounds fancy and special it's a byb's marketing tool ...

·
Premium Member
460 Posts
Bummer! So nothing special huh? Oh well. But that doesn't mean that I have a byb bred dog Sadie right?? Or are you just saying that bybs like to use the PR when selling pups in general? My breeders health tested so as far as Bella's breeders go I wouldn't consider them that. I know what bybs are.....they are the ones who breed just for profit and don't care about genetics, temperment, or health. Just clarifying :)
PR does not rule out BYB, no

·
Banned
835 Posts
pr is just a ukc acknowledgment of purity incorporated into
their registering of dogs.. I'm not sure it was ever meant to be
marketed as anything. the ukc use to have high standards.

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Lol! I will be sure to run. There wasn't even a mention of PR.....I just noticed it as I was looking at the registration.

·
Premium Member
460 Posts
Lol! I will be sure to run. There wasn't even a mention of PR.....I just noticed it as I was looking at the registration.
Dont get the wrong idea. PR aint bad, she was just saying if a breeder tries to make PR out to be more than what it is, then they are probably not legit

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Oh I totally get what you all are saying :) its all good.

·
Bitch Noone Wanted
8,939 Posts
lol see I asked this same question cause some guy tried to say that his dog was better than mine cause she was PR, I had to laugh at him :p

·
Premium Member
460 Posts
Back to sales pitch thing again. Seems UKC may have found a way to attract ppl with this PR thing

·
Registered
11,428 Posts
I don't deal with the UKC .. ADBA only ... But the UKC def made it possible for the peddler's to milk the crap out of PR that's for sure why the ribbon makes it sound like an award won? Why not call it PG purple generation LOL ...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.