Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Fat-Dogs-R-Us
8,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed that the smaller of the three pups butt was wet all day today, but just alittle while ago I noticed that the pup has a yellow discharge coming from her butt. What the hell is it and how do i fix it?! I really hope it's not anything serious!

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,246 Posts
Take a pic!

·
Fat-Dogs-R-Us
8,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
can't get good pictures... was too dark for no flash, but the flash was too much. I called the ER vet said "eh just bring them in on monday to your regular vet" I was flabbergasted! Something this soon could be detrimental to the pup if it's serious.

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,246 Posts
Well I am not vet and the pics aren't good but it looks like poo. First puppy poo can be yellow and look kinda slimmy. Does it smell at all like poopies? Usually you don't see these poos cause om keeps them clean but she may have not gotten it yet or didn't want to.

·
Fat-Dogs-R-Us
8,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I am not vet and the pics aren't good but it looks like poo. First puppy poo can be yellow and look kinda slimmy. Does it smell at all like poopies? Usually you don't see these poos cause om keeps them clean but she may have not gotten it yet or didn't want to.
Nah it's not the poo, it is coming from her bung hole though. this is the puppy she tried to have while standing up, and I had to try to help her. The pups have pooed quite a few times today already. The rump of this little one looked wet all day today, but I didn't notice the yellow until Indi rolled it over and was cleaning her up again.

nothing solid about it. it seems like it's leaking

·
Premium Member
13,373 Posts
call your vet and see what they say, it sounds like it could wait till morning. I can't say for sure what it is but a picture could help.
This is a great site, they may have some info for you.
Breeding Dogs, Puppies from Birth to 3 weeks

·
Premium Member
13,373 Posts
Ha!!! Neela you are sooooo cute for a first time mommy!!!!LMAO
That is what puppy poop looks like! it is total normal! it's butt is wet probably because mom just licked the pup to stimulate it to poop. Watch your bitch, she may not be keeping the puppies clean. If that is the case you will have to do it with a wash cloth. Is she licking there butts to make them pee and poop?

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,246 Posts
Yeah puppy poo isn't usually solid yet. Its grouse and iky lol.. I still say poo and her butt can be wet cause the poo is wet and cause mom licking. Everyones poo can look a little different.

·
Premium Member
13,373 Posts
Nah it's not the poo, it is coming from her bung hole though. this is the puppy she tried to have while standing up, and I had to try to help her. The pups have pooed quite a few times today already. The rump of this little one looked wet all day today, but I didn't notice the yellow until Indi rolled it over and was cleaning her up again.

nothing solid about it. it seems like it's leaking
The poop will stay a yellow color for a while and be runny, it won't be a soild poop for quite a while. When they start to eat puppy food is when it gets brown and soild. This is perfectly normal, no worries!! :D

·
Fat-Dogs-R-Us
8,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ha!!! Neela you are sooooo cute for a first time mommy!!!!LMAO
That is what puppy poop looks like! it is total normal! it's butt is wet probably because mom just licked the pup to stimulate it to poop. Watch your bitch, she may not be keeping the puppies clean. If that is the case you will have to do it with a wash cloth. Is she licking there butts to make them pee and poop?
That's weird cuz I swear to Heyzues himself that I saw little turdlettes from the other two :hammer::hammer: I'm still going to keep an eye on that one though because the rear is continuously wet unlike the other two. She has been almost freak like about licking them.... at least while I'm in the room.

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,246 Posts
She has been almost freak like about licking them.... at least while I'm in the room.
Thats good she is licking. They need to be clean and her licking stimulates their digestion.

You could have seen turd like things. I have had a few pups that have more turd shaped poo but its not uncommon for them to start with a more "watery" not really solid like poo.

·
Fat-Dogs-R-Us
8,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
that yellow though? That little bit that's on her in that picture isn't the fresh look. the stuff litterally looked like puss a more softer yellow.

·
Fat-Dogs-R-Us
8,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
thanks lisa and holly you two are the best. I haven't done this in almost a decade... I was pretty young then too with a dog who was just a natural momma.

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,246 Posts
Yeah it can range from a light yellow to darker shades... Black is not good or really really dark. Usually that means constipation.

·
Fat-Dogs-R-Us
8,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
the other two had dark turd like bowel movements... interesting I'll have to see if the other two are ok now! lol It's been so long you guys, thanks for putting up with my idiotness!

·
Silver VIP Member
2,261 Posts
the licking is to stimulate the bodily functions and assist in digestion and elimination.
what else surprises people is that it is triple fold. in nature it's for the denning. to keep it as relatively clean as possible.
the stimulation.like with race horses,after A workout we hotwalk them and when thats done we stabled them. they would eat A bit of hay,A drink then you'd whistle them for A few minutes til they urinate.A long gentle whistle til they go.
and then what surprises folk the most,theirs A ton of protien in the waste.the pups do not actually enzymatically absorb all thats in the milk thus it is still highly nutritive.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts