Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 3yo bitch who is 35days into her pregnancy.She was dianosed with Pyometria on saturday. Has anyone else had a pregnant bitch with this problem? What was the outcome. My Vet { the best bully vet in the Chitown area} is treating her and it looks like she MIGHT pull through. Let me hear your stories - good bad ugly. What can I expect

·
Premium Member
13,373 Posts
A pyo is an infected uterus and usually means the bitch has to be spayed and you lose the litter. I do not think I have ever heard of a bitch not getting spayed with a Pyo. Did they do the surgery yet? If caught early your chances of saving the bitch are good.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We havent had surgery yet. It looks like she may pull thru. All of the discharge has dried up and she is eating again. He didnt want to do surgery until the infection was under control because of peritenitis. We have waited 2 years on this breeding and we are devastasted by this.We are hoping{ and the vet is hopeful too} that we can end up with a good outcome. We just have to keep our fingers crossed for the next 3-4 weeks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts