Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hope this isnt a dumb question I was just wondering if a female gets bred too earily like at 1 year old if her pups could be affected with the size they could get the reason i ask is because the people i got my dog from said that the female was only a year old i dont condone this it was just the breeds i was looking for he is a pitbull cane corso cross right now Justice is 4.5 months and 40lbs thanks for any advice

·
Super Moderator
4,587 Posts
I don't think it would affect the puppies growing abilities. I think it just affects the mother's health and maturity.

·
Premium Member
4,321 Posts
When looking for a pup you should avoid backtyard breeders period. People who breed without regaurd for the dogs or the breed and profit off the sale of pups makes me very sad. The overall health if the dogs being bred plays a big factor so not knwoing that I really can't amswer your question about whether or not your pup will have issues. Dogs can be bred on their first heat which may be as early as 6 months. However, that doesn't make it ethical right. At only a year old a dog is not mentally or physically mature. Also, the way the dam raises pups can certainly be an issue in how a pup develops in the long run since imprinting is a factor. Just my opinion of course.

·
The Yard Of Many Colors
3,420 Posts
When looking for a pup you should avoid backtyard breeders period. People who breed without regaurd for the dogs or the breed and profit off the sale of pups makes me very sad. The overall health if the dogs being bred plays a big factor so not knwoing that I really can't amswer your question about whether or not your pup will have issues. Dogs can be bred on their first heat which may be as early as 6 months. However, that doesn't make it ethical right. At only a year old a dog is not mentally or physically mature. Also, the way the dam raises pups can certainly be an issue in how a pup develops in the long run since imprinting is a factor. Just my opinion of course.
:goodpost: :thumbsup:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts