Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so this might be a stupid question but i dont know the answer and i thought someone on GP would know the answer. Well my pup is ADBA registered and i was wondering if he coulod also be registered under UKC? Like could i use his ADBA papers to get him UKC registered? sorry if this sounds stupid but im new at this..... lol

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,246 Posts
No you can not. Sorry last year the UKC closed their stud books and no longer register ADBA dogs. If you have a UKC dog it can be ADBA register but not the other way around...;(

Reactions: Patch-O-Pits

·
ACCOUNT CLOSED
5,701 Posts
so this might be a stupid question but i dont know the answer and i thought someone on GP would know the answer. Well my pup is ADBA registered and i was wondering if he coulod also be registered under UKC? Like could i use his ADBA papers to get him UKC registered? sorry if this sounds stupid but im new at this..... lol
This used to be possible. But UKC closed their single registration. So unfortunately, no. :(

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok so another question. What happens if a dog that is ukc registered has pups with a dog who is adba registered? can the pups be registered at all?

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well i guess that would mean the ukc would also have to be adba registered and than the pups would only be adba?

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,246 Posts
You can register the puppies ADBA because you can register the the UKC dog ADBA.

·
ACCOUNT CLOSED
5,701 Posts
You can do a single register with the UKC dog for the ADBA papers but not the other way around. So the pups would only be ADBA

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
so saying that i have a dog that is adba registered and a dog that is ukc registered, the dog who is ukc registered is better? is there different pedigrees and bloodlines in each? is it like saying i have a focus to a corvette? bad analogy but you know what i mean.

·
ACCOUNT CLOSED
5,701 Posts
so saying that i have a dog that is adba registered and a dog that is ukc registered, the dog who is ukc registered is better? is there different pedigrees and bloodlines in each? is it like saying i have a focus to a corvette? bad analogy but you know what i mean.
Um no... lol It just depends on how you like to condition your dogs and how much you want to do with them. haha I prefer the ADBA style dog. In the ADBA you can only do conformation showing and weight pull though. The UKC has a lot more dog sports, such as obedience, and agility. Though you can do agility with other associations.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts