Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I have a question about my puppy I got a week ago. He is a 10 week old pitbull (my daughter's new best friend) and the guy I got him from told me he was already de-wormed and had his 1st set of shots though he did not have paper work. Would it be safe for Snoopy to get his shots again just so I know he really had them. Thanks for the help.

Sent from my iPhone using PG Free

·
Silver VIP Member
1,069 Posts
I would absolutely get the shots again. A puppy generally gets a series of puppy shots (my Mini Poodle pup just finished up his puppy shots, he had 4 sets)... A lot of people will give shots at 8 weeks and then pass them along. Some don't do the shots, but tell people they did. Better safe than sorry-- especially since he had no paperwork stating he did.

·
Premium Member
13,373 Posts
Your pup should have a set of fours vaccines. So if he already had one then you can give another and then space them out every 3 weeks till he has had a total of 4. DO NOT take your pup to places other dogs go like the park or pet store or even around your block until your pup has had at least 3 parvo/distemper vaccines. Your risk of coming down with parvo is too high when you take an unvaccinated pup where other dogs have been.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts