Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Proud CGC Parent
1,782 Posts
The general rule is they grow UP the first year and then grow OUT (or fill out) until ~2-3 years of age.

·
Super Moderator
4,626 Posts
Ecko's 2 and has started growing out as well. He was 1 when I got him and didn't really get any taller.
Your dog is gorgeous btw.

·
Premium Member
437 Posts
Mine started developing around 10 months of age when I really started noticing. He is a year and a month old now and super defined.. Interested in seeing how he fills out the rest of the way.

·
Registered
780 Posts
The bully bloodlines all "pop" or thicken up at different ages depending.Personall id say anywhere from 6 months and beyond.They are all different the Razors edge Shortshot/Diamond blood supposedly doesnt really fill out until around 3 from what i hear.(all 5 of our dogs have these dogs in their ped some numerous times)we have two 3 year olds the rest range from 6 months-about 18 months.I honestly think my 3 year olds are developing a bit still.But i also want to point out not all bullys get really wide even if both parents are.Some still can come out more classic.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks EckoMac & dylroche1 for the compliment! So I guess he shouldn't be getting any taller. I just want him to be short........... Thanks guys.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Oliver was very short foreeever. I thought he had stopped growing UP. Around 7 months he started sleeping ALOT and eating ALOT. Then he had a huge growth spurt from 7-8 months and he grew a ton. I took him to the vet the yesterday to get his ears checked out and he actually lost 8 pounds. He was 90 and now is now 82 pounds and will be 1 year old on the 17th of July. The vet told me he went through a growth spurt and has lost all his puppy fat now. He is getting bulky and lean now. He is getting wider by the day. Thats just my take on it though.. Good looking pup bro.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts