Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My female pit is 19 days away from her due date til haven her puppies but today i noticed a clear discharge comin from her. I called the vet but they cant get her in until tomorrow ive researched so many diffrent things and its givin me diffrent information. So can someone on here whos knows what there talkin about please help me cuz im really worried

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
How about taking her to an emergency vet then. You shouldn't be breeding if you can't afford emergency's or unexpected issues. I hope someone else can help you with the clear liquid. I don't breed and never will unless my dogs are proven and titled! Good luck

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
no vet needed, thats normal there can be a clear gooey discharge before. I believe its to do with her plug and stuff and getting ready to deliver the pups. Happened with my dogs , my aunts dogs and i believe there was a post on here awhile back when someone elses 1st litter had this question come up. With my girl it was like stringy and clear inda gooey and it did go on for a few days. Now it should not be gushing out in that case it may be the water breaking { will be more fluid like then gooey as well} and it should not be colored { bloody , green ect} and should not have a real foul smell at all. If its colored, foul smelling or in large amounts then get her to the vet. Sounds normal to me though. Is this your 1st litter?

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I tlk to the vet and they said it wasnt nothin serious they would check her tomorrow, just some of the things ive read have worried me

Reactions: angelbaby

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
Best site I have found for whelping and what to expect , also has a list of stuff you should have on hand . If you havent read up on all this id start now. Performance Kennel gave me this link awhile back when i was going through a 1st litter, found it very helpful. Id bookmark it cause there are things you wont remember and just read this over daily it really helped us . Whelping Puppies, Breeding Dogs

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
And yes this is my 1st litter im super duper excited.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts