Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got a new pup. he was already 14 weeks when i got him. but all he seems to want to do all the time is sleep. is that normal? i remember when i got my other dog, at that age she was full of energy already. This little guy barely even wants to play. do you think it could be because he is confused, being that i am his second rehomer? any feedback would be awesome. thanks

·
Premium Member
5,100 Posts
14 weeks is still pretty young, and young puppies do sleep a lot but if ALL he ever wants to do is sleep I would probably take him to the vet to get him checked out. It's always a good idea to get a new puppy to the vet for a checkup when you get them anyway but I would say in this case there could be something wrong like a heart murmur that is causing the excessive tiredness. A vet can rule that out.

·
Original Prankster
13,928 Posts
14 weeks is still pretty young, and young puppies do sleep a lot but if ALL he ever wants to do is sleep I would probably take him to the vet to get him checked out. It's always a good idea to get a new puppy to the vet for a checkup when you get them anyway but I would say in this case there could be something wrong like a heart murmur that is causing the excessive tiredness. A vet can rule that out.
:goodpost:
Totaly agreed all pups should be checked as soon as you get them.

·
Registered
503 Posts
i got a new pup. he was already 14 weeks when i got him. but all he seems to want to do all the time is sleep. is that normal? i remember when i got my other dog, at that age she was full of energy already. This little guy barely even wants to play. do you think it could be because he is confused, being that i am his second rehomer? any feedback would be awesome. thanks
What kind of dog is it? Does the dog ever want to go outside?

Akasha is going on 6 months and she loves going outside to play. But when we are inside she usually becomes a couch potatoe - which is normal and sometimes she plays with her toys and us.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts