Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Female Pit is In Heat and mated it with another pit

my question is . .do i need to tie my dog or is it ok if she is off leash?

·
Premium Member
11,010 Posts
what are you asking? if you should tie your dog so you can breed her? or to protect her from getting unwanted puppies?

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
Is she in heat or is she pregnant? I'm not sure which. If she is in heat then yes keep her away from males and if you bred her then I guess what's done is done. Either way keep her chained up or in your house.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
we had her mate earlier ..do i need to tie her out to ensure that she will be pregnant?..im afraid if i migh let her off leash she wouldnt be pregnant ..or if she would be pregnant it will result in miscarriage because i didnt tie her out

·
Premium Member
11,010 Posts
what does tying a dog outside have to do with staying pregnant? I think you maybe confusing it with the mating and the dogs needing to tie typically (like tie together, not being tied to anything!!??). Why are you breeding a dog if you don't know the answers?

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
Tie her out on a chain or are you unsure if she tied when she was mating? I am still confused at what you are saying and asking

·
Premium Member
11,010 Posts

·
Proud CGC Parent
1,782 Posts
If she's already pregnant, it doesn't matter whether you keep her inside or tied up outside. She's pregnant. She won't get a miscarriage and lose the pups just by being inside or outside or whatever.

If she's not pregnant, but she's in heat, and you don't want her to GET pregnant, keep her inside and away from male dogs.

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
If she was bred then like said it doesn't matter where you keep her. I've never heard of a dog miscarrying because they weren't tied up outside. If the pregnancy doesn't take then it doesn't take.

·
Original Prankster
13,927 Posts
?????? Really? What does tying the dog have to do with anything? My best advice would be take that dog to the vet and get her spayed.

·
Premium Member
11,010 Posts
?????? Really? What does tying the dog have to do with anything? My best advice would be take that dog to the vet and get her spayed.
:goodpost:

·
Kelevra
1,733 Posts
BINGO! If you dont know this answer you dont need to be breeding dogs.

·
Premium Member
13,373 Posts
:goodpost: that is what I was going to say!

I am going to close this because it can get ugly quickly. If you have more questions and they were not answered here then PM me and I can help you and we can keep it off the open forum.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.