Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
we just got a new 9 month old male red nose pit :) his name is zeke,....i have another mixed female & they seem to get along ok but zeke wont stop sniffing her privates and he starts foaming kind of out of his mouth and his lips start going crazy...but he wont stop. at first i thought it was funny but now he really wont stop, we are training him and hes getting better.......one more thing...he cant walk on a leash right he pulls me so hard... what can i do?! thanksss

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
are they fixed? sounds like he is getting to that age and interested in the females, fixing him may help that issue a bit atleast then he wont have those hormones driving him crazy lol.

·
SCRATCHIN
1,104 Posts
Welcome :) you came to the right spot for information.

Don't know what your experience is with this breed but here are few things to keep in mind.

First things first I would not leave the dogs alone unsupervised...ever. These dogs were bred to fight (other dogs), therefore they carry the DA gene in them...some show more than others....but it is there and the moment you take your eye off them...Baam!

Now, the foaming of the mouth is just excitment. You are doing right by teaching him to not be doing that too much...cuz that can annoy the female and set off a fight. Is the girl spayed?

I suggest a choke collar for walks. There a few good threads on how to use the choke collar properly here.

Goodluck :) hope to see pics of your pack

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
lol thats true... would a female dog become aggresive towards a male if shes pregnant?
is it possible she is pregnant right now? females will get mad atany male jumping them when they dont want t be or pestering them they dont have to be pregnant to get mad enough to start a fight. If your male annoys her I wouldnt allow him near her , and at the very least like said above i would never leave them unattended together.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i have no idea if shes pregnant shes just been acting weird and her belly is kind of hard but i figured its because she just got over her period and that one was her first one ever. other than him trying to sniff her so much they get along fine.

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
was he ever alone with her while she was in heat? at 9 months he can very well get her pregnant.

·
SCRATCHIN
1,104 Posts
Hopefully she is not prego...and you can get her fixed ASAP.

Glad to have you on board...stick around, we all learn something new here every day :)

·
Premium Member
13,373 Posts
i have no idea if shes pregnant shes just been acting weird and her belly is kind of hard but i figured its because she just got over her period and that one was her first one ever. other than him trying to sniff her so much they get along fine.
Were they around each other when she was in heat? How long ago was she in heat?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
no he wasnt i just got him the other day but i think she got pregnant by my moms dog lol. im pretty sure she is pregnant but zeke [ my new pit] is doing great so far! [ ruby is my mixed female dog shes not pit] n im loving him!

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
so a mixed dog is pregnant and its a "LOL" matter? I wouldnt be taking that so lightly , they are only pregnant like 63 days so not alot of time to prepare. Are you prepared for that?

·
Jr MEMBER
1,309 Posts

·
K9 Pshrynk & Conciliare~
6,363 Posts
unregistered and unpedigreed dogs.... need to be sterilized one way or the other; we have a nation full of mongrels and mutts and "pitbulls" get the rap everytime someone gets bit by one of these mongrels...

Now male dogs smell the private of the female .. they froph at the mouth because they are acctivating scent particles so they can smell them better, PLUS, *taste and smell* are connected so they are using both to find out how far along the female is... Smelling and tasting the blood and discharge in her urine and her "strawberry". Yes when she starts to nest, she probably will become more DA towards the male. Its natural, because males naturally kill pups to put the female back into cycle, this is in wolves, wild dogs, coyotes, jackals, foxes, bears, lions and tigers OH MY....

If your male is not registered, do yourself and your dogs a favor, get em sterilized... Most people in town/city with dogs or cats really dont need the animals to breed. Have your female spayed right after she has pups, I would not abort pups or kittens EVER unless parent will die, its horrible on the animal to have an abortion... I've been the one doin the euthanasia part while doc is doin the cutting and sewing... :rain: Overpopulated cities and towns by people and their pets even the ones they dont want over run the cities and towns, be a solution not a problem for you and your own.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
no its not a "lol" matter... i said lol cause yall probably thought it was zeke who got her pregnant and it wasnt anyways i dont need no ones attitude, zeke is in training & doing fine. and i dont use a slip collar aka choke collar. YES i use a prong collar & its perfect for him, i didnt just throw it on him without no information about it or seeing proper use.and ive seen & helped dogs give birth. i was just asking what were the signs......no i dont "approve" getting a abortion! thats cruel. & zeke has a apointment next month for getting fixed. i just asked YOU GUYS questions because you have "experience" im not on here to get talked down to like im a child. im a grown woman. but thank you for your concerns & tips.

·
Registered
11,428 Posts
no its not a "lol" matter... i said lol cause yall probably thought it was zeke who got her pregnant and it wasnt anyways i dont need no ones attitude, zeke is in training & doing fine. and i dont use a slip collar aka choke collar. YES i use a prong collar & its perfect for him, i didnt just throw it on him without no information about it or seeing proper use.and ive seen & helped dogs give birth. i was just asking what were the signs......no i dont "approve" getting a abortion! thats cruel. & zeke has a apointment next month for getting fixed. i just asked YOU GUYS questions because you have "experience" im not on here to get talked down to like im a child. im a grown woman. but thank you for your concerns & tips.
It's even more cruel to allow your mutts to breed irresponsibly not only to pure bred dogs out there but to you're dogs. I am not trying to talk down to you I am just going to be open and truthful with you. Please get your dog's fixed and if you intend on allowing your b itch to have these pups please spay and neuter them before placing them. Mistakes happen and this was an obvious mistake but you have the power to turn this around and never allow this to happen again by spaying/neutering the dog's and the pups. By acknowledging you made a mistake and doing something to correct it you stop the cycle from repeating itself. We can help you with a lot of things but no one is going to pretend like what happened is ok as this forum promotes responsible breeding. However we understand mistakes and mishaps do happen and are willing to help those members so please acknowledge your mistakes and make the responsible choices to fix what's been done.

·
K9 Pshrynk & Conciliare~
6,363 Posts
I learned from the school of hard knocks; so I don't candy coat anything....... I answer questions and correllated questions like an almanac... What are you really asking here? Because your original post did not ask for any signs? It asked..
questions!..

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

we just got a new 9 month old male red nose pit his name is zeke,....i have another mixed female & they seem to get along ok but zeke wont stop sniffing her privates and he starts foaming kind of out of his mouth and his lips start going crazy...but he wont stop. at first i thought it was funny but now he really wont stop, we are training him and hes getting better.......one more thing...he cant walk on a leash right he pulls me so hard... what can i do?! thanksss ...

lol thats true... would a female dog become aggresive towards a male if shes pregnant?
and your reply...

no its not a "lol" matter... i said lol cause yall probably thought it was zeke who got her pregnant and it wasnt anyways i dont need no ones attitude, zeke is in training & doing fine.
]one more thing...he cant walk on a leash right he pulls me so hard... what can i do?! thanksss ...
and i dont use a slip collar aka choke collar. YES i use a prong collar & its perfect for him, i didnt just throw it on him without no information about it or seeing proper use.and ive seen & helped dogs give birth. i was just asking what were the signs......no i dont "approve" getting a abortion! thats cruel. & zeke has a apointment next month for getting fixed. i just asked YOU GUYS questions because you have "experience" im not on here to get talked down to like im a child. im a grown woman. but thank you for your concerns & tips.

...............................................................................................................................

No one is talking down to you.. rather its the revolving door of people who ask questions and clearly are responsible enough to ask what they don't know; at the same time they are offended by the overload of what they thought was right that is actually not so good. We all have learned from each other here and we all start out green, some more than others. We all have experience of some kind that only few if any others have experienced and in this we all have something to offer.

The only question that wasnt offered was hints on how to walk your male dog.. ..

JMO I used choke collars for training only and DO NOT USE THEM FOR WALKING, nor would I do so with a prong, I have a prong collar and haven't used it ever in 14 years. I use a regular lead (reversed and with a slip loop out of the hand loop), or a vet lead, or a show lead. Walk him often and use the AHTT (AT) or SHHT sound every second or minute he wants to control the walk, at the same time you pull securley without jarring; the dog back to its place on your right, or left depending on your stronger arm. Give the dog enough room to walk along beside you and as soon as the dog makes the go effort, apply a reminder to ease up.

This should work as I use it on every dog, even the chain dogs I encounter...

The choke chain style collar is what I use for a always there for hands on correction... Never for lead walking or tethering... its like a handle when you don't have a leash great for inside dogs, as I put a 2in buckle style collar on em to take em outside on walks and runs now.. with a reminder training session as I mentioned I do above ^^ every now and again. Neither chain nor prong do I recommend for the novice or beginner.

·
English Dogge Yard
3,441 Posts
If you want to be treated like a grown woman than act like it, there is no such breed as a "pit" there is the American Pit Bull Terrier and thats it.. The term "Pit Bull" is a media derived term to lump many "bull and terrier" like breeds as one for mostly agenda purposes.. The fact you keep referring to your hounds as "Pits" shows many how inexperienced you are.. Also if you rescued, don't have a proper ped (either hand written or in registry form) or any solid information on the history of the dogs they are all mutts.. Not APBT's.. Unless they were bred down to the breeds true standards, you have if anything a "Pet Bull".. In essence, potentially some APBT bloodlines in there but pet breed not athletic/drive based... Which defines a WORKING dog breed.

Now you will also get more of an adult response if you leave off the "lol" at the end of virtually everything you say, in web lingo it shows you are not taking the situation as serious as you should be.. Obviously due to your lack experience and types of questions/concerns you need to take that female to the vet to see if she prego and if she is IDEALLY spay and abort.

If you can't handle that you shouldn't of got her prego and sure as HECK shouldn't of allowed a situation to occur to get her preg. from your moms dog.. How irresponsible can you possibly be as a dog owner ESPECIALLY with a dog that in any shape or form can be deemed a "Pit Bull" through media or general public..

There are enough fine mutts in the shelters for people to adopt and allowing your pet to get knocked up by another pet is as irresponsible as it gets thats one "adult" to another "adult". You allowed it to happen you need to take care of it AKA ABORT. You know how much stress a bitches body goes through during pregnancy? You know how much it costs and how time consuming it is once the puppies hit the ground? If YOU allowed it to get that far than its also YOUR responsibility to spay and neuter not only your bitch that got knocked up but all those pups that dropped and survived once of age as well. EASY $3,000 + once we talk about rounds of shots, extra dog food, vet visits, etc etc etc. Realistically more than that at going vet prices and thats IF..i mean IF nothing goes wrong medically wise.

Thats not even going into placement of the pups, ensuring proper care of the new owners... Thats also not even going into the future where if these pups turn out HA or pass along other genetic issues and if one of these pups grow up and attacks a person... Its part the owners fault and part YOUR fault for allowing those pups to be born.

Can't handle the reality SPAY the darn bitch and be done with. Be a "grown women" and deal with the reality rather than avoiding it because your heart is too big.. I don't care how big your heart is, its a bit a'stray as well if you don't see the whole picture.

·
SCRATCHIN
1,104 Posts
cur... :pupruns: *shrugs shoulders* ...we tried

1 - 20 of 75 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.