Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My pup got her first 5 in 1 on December 3rd and about to get her second set in a little.

She weighs around 20 lbs

My question is, is it safe to give her, the 5 in 1 AND a rabies today at same time?

someone said otherwise so I'm just checking.

Thank you:)

·
Proud CGC Parent
1,782 Posts
I would wait to give her the rabies on another day. That's a lot of vaccinations to give a young pup in the same day.

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,246 Posts
She should be done with her parvo shots before she is due to have rabies done. Some areas require rabies at 4 months but Rabies is usually given around 6 months old. How old is your puppy? Rabies also is done by a vet so they are not going to give both shots if it was harmful to the dog. Vaccines are taxing on the immune system so if your dog is unhealthy then you may have problems. If your puppy is young and still getting parvo then you should wait as it is likely not ready for Rabies.

Reactions: Nizmo

·
Premium Member
373 Posts
:goodpost::goodpost:well she just about covered my feelings on the subject, and ya its hard to find rabies shots to give on your own. i've read in old stockdog magizines where they would sent out big orders of rsibes to men with a lot of working border collies but thats the only place ive heard of it. im sure there are other cases butnot just to the general public.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
oh, i don't know if you guys thought i meant if I'M giving the shots to her myself PERSONALLY or not... but i'm not. I took her to a Place that specializes in all services.

Just incase any of y'all were wondering, i got her
5-in-1, bordetella, lepo(sp?) and heart/regular worms dewormer.

getting her rabies on her third set :)

thanks for all posts! :)

·
Forum Manager
4,908 Posts
She should be done with her parvo shots before she is due to have rabies done. Some areas require rabies at 4 months but Rabies is usually given around 6 months old. How old is your puppy? Rabies also is done by a vet so they are not going to give both shots if it was harmful to the dog. Vaccines are taxing on the immune system so if your dog is unhealthy then you may have problems. If your puppy is young and still getting parvo then you should wait as it is likely not ready for Rabies.
bingo.
always remember to temp your dog prior to giving ANY vaccine also...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts