Go Pitbull Dog Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Bull Headed
1,247 Posts
if that means what i think it does i never heard it put like that before...

·
+ Young buck human puppy
1,832 Posts
My boy will do this out on walks or if we move into a new house. I wouldn't have a clue why its like a new surrounding makes him do it? I say "Stage is doing burnouts again"

·
Premium Member
2,377 Posts
My boy will do this out on walks or if we move into a new house. I wouldn't have a clue why its like a new surrounding makes him do it? I say "Stage is doing burnouts again"
That's what I call it too.

·
Jr MEMBER
1,309 Posts
I was told they do it to draw attention to where they marked. It would make sense, Dakota has only done it 3 times each after he saw another dog that he disliked.

Like "Hey! You see this? I just peed here! Got it? Good."

·
SRK's Hero Of War CGC
2,674 Posts
Dogs (males & females) both do this. it is actually marking sent as they scratch, fact of the matter is wolves and dogs have sent glands between their paws and this is why you see them mark with urine and then scrape the ground with hinds or both.

·
Registered
225 Posts
He does it when he leaves his mark over another dogs mark
My male always marks where my female has peed. I've always thought it was meant to be a message of possession to other dogs.

In addition to marking all the trees and sign posts in the neighborhood, he also will scent out, then mark spots on the ground...as above..I've thought it probably was where another dog recently peed and he was sending a message.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts