Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
5,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know where I can get a rail system? I would prefer it be in the midwest as to avoid freight charges. Thank you in advance.

·
keep it REAL
971 Posts
We could fab one up and possibly save some loot. Jake is a precision machinist and I could help also, as I have worked maintenance in some paper mills and have some knowledge on fabricating. We should come up with a list of material and see what the tag would end up being.
Welder may be able to help come up with a list also, for he is experienced welder and fabricator.

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,246 Posts
If you build it they will pull :D LOL Just build one. Way cheaper than trying to transport one in unless you have someone close.

·
Banned
5,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mccoy and ap13 looks like im building one. I talked to my buddy jake and he said the same "lets just build it bro". Im currently working th kids 2x a day with a drag sled and weights. Long light weight walks in the mourning and short heavy passes at night. I wanna get flex on a track by july.

Loved the field of dreams reference too. Anything kevin costner is good lol

·
I'm the blue dragon!
4,564 Posts
If you build it they will pull :D LOL Just build one. Way cheaper than trying to transport one in unless you have someone close.
Soooo when are we building urs? And is ur vet any good? U know to take a look at Odin's legs/hips....

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,246 Posts
Soooo when are we building urs? And is ur vet any good? U know to take a look at Odin's legs/hips....

My vet lol. I rarely go to the vet for anything, but yes the one I do use when necessary is great and they are good people that love the breed.

We build mine when I can afford it lol. After this semester ends and I go back to full time work I should be able to get things going.

·
I'm the blue dragon!
4,564 Posts
My vet lol. I rarely go to the vet for anything, but yes the one I do use when necessary is great and they are good people that love the breed.

We build mine when I can afford it lol. After this semester ends and I go back to full time work I should be able to get things going.
That's what I meant. I know u don't go to the vet often... I just figured if they are good enough for u, then they must be great! Lol

And I know how u feel, its spring time and I have no money to start gettin things I want done. No money sucks...

·
keep it REAL
971 Posts
lol..I remembered this also..good set materials with pictures.
I like how OFK's is not that high off the ground also..
We should draw up one, get a cost and split it three ways.
We should work on getting prices. I know some welders we can get the angle from, and know of a caster supplier . Matter of fact, wwe could possibly get a quote for material from an industrial supply co I use to work at. We would just have to pay cost. We could pick up the material local..;)

·
scratchin hard
2,147 Posts
read this last nite.and tried to find my prints but no luck.but the 1 i did was 2"x 3"rect tubing with 3" channel welded legs up on top.used 1/4" 2"x2" ang cut n 2"long pcs. welded on the side 2' between them for jack bolts.that will help ya make it flat.jus used 10" square pc of wood to spread the load under the jack bolts.used 1"x1" ang to connect it together and support ply wood and carpet for the dog to pull on.hav'nt seen the 1 n the earlier post but i'm sure it'll work.to do 1 like mine u need;4-20'-2x3.4- 20'-3"ch.1-20' 2x2x1/4'ang.2-20'-1"x1" ang.be glad to draw yall a print and fax it to ya or mail it if ya like.the cart is made outta 3"ch.2 1/4"wide 4"tall steel wheels about 50 bucks ea. bac then but they gotta handle {at least 800#ea,} the load you mite put on it so overkill them. now i made mine 30' long had good starting and stoppin room{dont like the dog going off the end still pullin }but it dont havta be this long.this is kinda sketchy but if i can hep i'll be glad to.

·
keep it REAL
971 Posts
what you are talking about, the hack bolts..you mean like adjustable lifters type a set up? The wood to spread the load?? Weld the 2" angle to bottom of let, to spread load..like a plate, so it wont sink in the wood?? I think that was similar to the one i saw. Felt like the lifter/adjuster sunk into the wood, hit the groung and started ripping threads off. I dont think they had any plate or feet if you will.and that was issue.
The one in the post had more wood underneith and was closer to the ground.
Over kill for sure..never hurts..
This may be a lil project worth doing..i kinda want to practice on a track with rail so the dog will know and be able to practice like a comp is, to see.
Still want to make sure she is going to be dedicated before investing too much time or money. Only been to one, may need to pull a few more times and see. time will tell...too dang wet for me to get out today it looks like.

·
scratchin hard
2,147 Posts
Jack bolts.yes use them to level it.10"sq.pc of 3/4"plywood.if that sinks in the ground u must be n the mud lol.the 1"x1" angle ties the 2x3 together across the middle.drop it 7/8" from the top of 2x3 screw your ply wood down to it.you gotta fax?pm me the #,

·
The Yard Of Many Colors
3,420 Posts
Way easier to build one.. I bought the rails and cart shown in OFKs thread.. they are great I just don't suggest using the plastic framing on the cart .. its only used here for pups cause its light.. cant put any weight on it without it bowing.. good luck!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts