Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, New to this thread. I have 2 APBT. One 5 year old male and a 1 1/2 year old female. My question is one training the hyper female to not play fight with my male. They are fine when Im with them, but the minute I walk out of the room shes bitting him. My male wants nothing to do with it but will defend himself. She has never hurt him but he always has scratches around his ears and neck. She is the dominant one, 85 lbs, hes only about 55. I would love to leave her out of her cage with him in the house during the days but have no idea how to teach her not to do this. I have tried everything over the last year and no luck. Also she is great with my cat, no problems. Just wont leave my boy alone. They are both fixed.

·
Windbag Extrodinaire.
3,303 Posts
That's a tuffy, I have the same problem, Rocky has striped some of the hair off my other ones tail.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I know that people say not to trust them to fight. I have been lucky with all my pits, never had a dog aggressive one. This is the first time I have had two at one time. My male is such a baby, my wife has carried him around on her shoulders since he was a pup :) She dosent fight with him per say, its more of wanting to play but way to rought and way to much nipping.

·
Fat-Dogs-R-Us
8,760 Posts
I know that people say not to trust them to fight. I have been lucky with all my pits, never had a dog aggressive one. This is the first time I have had two at one time. My male is such a baby, my wife has carried him around on her shoulders since he was a pup :) She dosent fight with him per say, its more of wanting to play but way to rought and way to much nipping.
I honestly don't want to take the chance of coming home to a dead dog... With any other breed I don't think you would have to worry about the severity of damage to another animal... its what they were bred for and it's what they will all do if given the right circumstances. BTW, I've said it before in other threads, but my two dogs woke up one morning and desided half way through the day they just weren't going to like each other... thank god we stayed home that day... they can now never be in the same room with each other. One is 1.5 years old and the other is 3 or 4years... the youngest was raised around the older dog.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
never ever ever ever leave 2 pits by themselves unattended! not a good idea you never know what they could fight over when u arent there watching them. dogs tend to fight over really stupid things!

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
I agree never leave them unsupervised and when you are watching them if one decides she wants to play to rough use a firm no or a ackkkkkk and if you have to grap her by her collar and say it to let her know its not acceptable to play that rough

·
Premium Member
4,321 Posts
You sort of answered your own question when you said...
They are fine when Im with them, but the minute I walk out of the room shes bitting him.
This is exactly why they should not be left alone unattended.

How dogs act when we are their to monitor can be VERY different than when no one is around.

Best of luck with your dogs

·
Banned
51 Posts
i hav 2 pits 1 male 1 female they are buck wild they never fight but they play hard.the only time it gets violent is feeding time. we feed them in opposite rooms but my boy will try 2 eat his and when she goes to goto her room he can just give her a look and she'll not even try to eat her own food.i lock her up and let her eat when he starts that sh!t.

·
*Luke & Jesse*
1,372 Posts
I have two males. I never leave them unattended EVER...... I have never had and issue BUT that is not to say that it would never happen. When we leave the house they go in their kennels. Actually they don't even go outside together anymore they are rougher outside side (than in the house), I just don't want it to turn into to something so I avoid putting them in that situation.

Reactions: redog

·
Good with tools
9,791 Posts
yeah Babe I do that with all 7. some I can let out together but I always watch them. c'mon, 1 is just not enough for some folks and 1 is too many for others

·
*Luke & Jesse*
1,372 Posts
yeah Babe I do that with all 7. some I can let out together but I always watch them. c'mon, 1 is just not enough for some folks and 1 is too many for others
lol yea. Don't know if I could do that with 7....lol. I would like 1 more.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts