Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone i have just got a 15 week old pup and was hoping for a few tips on how to raise him into a polite well behaved dog can anyone give me some tips or leads on where to go please
thanks alot

·
Proud CGC Parent
1,782 Posts
Yes! Start training them early early early. Be firm but make training fun. Remember they're just a pup and should be given some leeway in the beginning. Things will happen that you can't account for. Don't stress out about them, just keep trying to move forward. If they have an accident in the house, don't rub their face in it, don't do anything unless you catch them IN THE ACT. If you catch them in the act, tell them no and pick them up and take them outside and praise and treat them for continuing to go outside. Pups have a reflex that makes them instantly stop going to the bathroom when they're picked up.

·
Premium Member
13,373 Posts
The best advice I can give is to take him to puppy classes at a good training center do not waste your time at a pet store like petsmart for training go to a eal private training center. That way you can get guidance on behavior and it is good for them to be around other dogs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts