Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Dare to dance the tide
12,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night was Rally class. I was soooo Proud of my girl. She is starting to get into it more. She was prancing when we did the course. We had some handler errors..need to read the sign completely. She only once got distracted and that was when a ball came rolling into our course. Flyball is happening on the other side of the room. I told her leave it and she focused back on me. YAY for us. I need to relax my leash abit more I have trouble with this as so many dogs around and the flyball dogs all off leash but I was better last night.

I think I will try to do some fun matches this summer.

·
Bitch Noone Wanted
8,939 Posts
OOO way to go Vendetta and Sharon, I really want to get Orion into Rally-O, I just know he would rock it. I can't wait to see how Miss V does in a comp :D

·
Dare to dance the tide
12,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Very advanced obedience. It is fun to wathc the dogs get better at it. I liked that Vendetta was happier last night doing class at first she thought it was boring but last night she was really focused and paying attention.

·
Premium Member
13,373 Posts
That's great Rally is fun. We have been going back to Rally drills we have a Rally and Obed show in 4 weeks. Instead of going to fun shows this summer you should just find a UKC show and go! It is not that hard to pass and if your taking a class you should be ready. ;)

Rally is SUPER easy and the first level of rally is suppose to be an easy intro to competing and Obed. The first level is all on leash, you can talk to your dog, and use your hands to get them into position. In Obed you cannot do any of that and why it is a good place to start. You do have to know the basics like somewhat of a heel, sit, down, stay, come, and then you can pretty much pass. I will say most errors are handler errors because you have to read the signs and do it in a certain way. After the first level it gets more complicated and is off leash. Rally is fun if you get the chance go take a class but you should have some obed first.

·
Dare to dance the tide
12,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I would do UKC if I could get Vendetta papered. I do not want to spay her so an LP number is out of the qquestion.

Why don't I spay her? Well cause I listen to my gut and my gut says not to. I didn't listen once before and the cat died. I figure as long as I keep her under lock and key when she is in heat I will never have an opps litter. In fact I don't plan on breeding her at all even if she did have papers. She has faults.

·
Banned
319 Posts
CONGRATS WITH YOUR SUCCESS!! rally-o is super fun :) the feeling of knowing your dog is doing well is amazing.

I wish i could find some rally-o in my area, all I could find was plain jane OB class. boo lol

·
Premium Member
13,373 Posts
you can do ASCA Rally and Obed if they have shows in your area. Here is the ASCA Australian Shepherd Club of America site and they run off of AKC rules and it is easy to register your unspayed unregistered dog. It is not a registry that cares about pedigree but they are a venue of Agility, Obed, Rally, and conformation (only for aussies) I so agility and Obed with them we have a ton of shows here and they are open to all breeds except conformation. No need to explain why you want to keep your dog intact. I regret spaying Tempest because I did not have her papers. If she was intact I would breed her in a heart beat because she is such a great working dog and so is her Sire. I do not need UKC or ADBA paperwork to tell me what a good working dog is.

Anyway you should check for shows in your area the titles are the same as AKC.

·
Dare to dance the tide
12,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the tip I will check into them. If they dont have any shos in MN maybe they wll in ND, SD or WI.

I felt I should explain rather than getting a butt chewing about it. Some of these guys might not know me as well as others.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts