Go Pitbull Dog Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello everyone! i just had a random thought and wanted your opinions. my question is do you think my pup would look better as an adult with her ears cropped or left alone? im not saying im planning on getting them cropped or that id love her any less if they werent cropped so please dont fuss at me about not loving my baby because i REALLY do. I've gone thru SO MUCH to keep her with me and wouldnt dare think of loving her less because of some ears lol :). also, what do you guys think of her in general?

Attachments

·
my crazy little mutt pack
3,272 Posts
she is cute, i personally perfer cropped ears, but she has a nice set of natureal ears so either way i think she will be a looker

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
awwwww what a cutie either way. I have no opinion on what you should do, totally your choice. I like my boys ears so that's why he has them :)

·
Registered
75 Posts
i personally think they would look better with a meduim crop, she is beautiful the way she is also. When Tyson was at that age we were back and forth about getting his cropped and decided not to. now i really wish we would have.

·
Proud CGC Parent
1,782 Posts
I like her ears. They remind me of Kane's. Here he is at 19 months, waiting for me to grab his bumper.

*shrugs* It's up to you. I, personally, think that natural ears show more character. Kane is such a goofball that I can't imagine him with a more "serious" look of cropped ears.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i really appreciate everyones input. i personally love the way cropped ears look but i know id feel really bad for her during her healing process although i do agree with bluebabies saying they wish they would have gotten them done. if i didnt have a problem with watching them heal id do it

·
Registered
75 Posts
i really appreciate everyones input. i personally love the way cropped ears look but i know id feel really bad for her during her healing process although i do agree with bluebabies saying they wish they would have gotten them done. if i didnt have a problem with watching them heal id do it
Well she will be a beautiful girl either way!

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
If she was mine id crop , Its hard to judge as a puppy all puppys look cute with there floppy ears , but as an adult I find my eye drawn to those with cropped ears. I think it is so much more regal looking and accentuates the head so much nicer. It is a personal prefrence though so do as you like your the one that has to like them :) cute pup.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
I personally like adults with crops but it's all about what you want... I regret not doing sarges cause he has a nicely shaped head and it would look great with a crop... Nikita on the other hand has an abnormally small head and I'm glad I didn't crop her plus I'm pretty sure she's a mix but I don't know since she was found in a trash can and given to me... Do what you like...

·
Registered
776 Posts
the only time i think about cropping is when the natural ears preset a flaw . Personally i dont like to cause a pup discomfort over a cosmetic issue that has no real plus side .
now , if it was a dog i was showing and it had fly ears or one fly ear .. anything to make em a flaw .. id crop in a heartbeat if it would fix the problem .

·
Registered
287 Posts
cropped ears are unnecessary surgery, imo. i wouldnt ever put myself or one of my pets under the knife for cosmetic reasons. i think her ears look great! why spend the money and put the dog through the pain for the chance that cropped ears might like better. just my pov.

·
Registered
776 Posts
cropped ears are unnecessary surgery, imo. i wouldnt ever put myself or one of my pets under the knife for cosmetic reasons. i think her ears look great! why spend the money and put the dog through the pain for the chance that cropped ears might like better. just my pov.
yup , ther is always the possibility they wont turn out nice .. then what do you do

·
Registered
11,428 Posts
I like natural ears so I say leave them! ... These dogs ears give them so much personality with every facial expression. I think you should leave them you will be glad you did your pup has nice ears.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I like her ears. They remind me of Kane's. Here he is at 19 months, waiting for me to grab his bumper.

*shrugs* It's up to you. I, personally, think that natural ears show more character. Kane is such a goofball that I can't imagine him with a more "serious" look of cropped ears.
their ears do look ALOT alike!

·
Premium Member
379 Posts
Leave them natural!!!! You rarely ever saw a crop back in the 80's and the dogs looked great back then. Unless for show or they are screwed up looking, leave them alone.

·
Proud CGC Parent
1,782 Posts
Here's a couple more pics of him:

His ears went the other side of crazy during teething, but they started settling down into their current form afterwards.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts