Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
APBT!
9,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I took the heathens to the school Wednesday to play on the baseball field and got some random shots... First.. a wore out Rolls Royce.

I came across this bug, I believe it's a locust or something relative to a locust (can't remember what they're called), and this one had clearly been in a battle with something. Considering it was still alive and moving around quite well, I reckon it won the battle, lol. Just thought I'd share with ya.

The Injury

Rounding 1st base, lol

Safe at 1st... (it kept coming towards me lol)

Hangin 6 lol

Still hangin in there

Intriguing little bug...

It was trying to get me again

Notice the wound here... !?

Well, hope you enjoyed my randomness lol. Thanks so much for looking.

·
Original Prankster
13,928 Posts
What a weird looking bug I've never seen anything like it.
Roller looks great he has such a sweet face :)

·
APBT!
9,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Aw! Thanks Krystal. He's a sweet boy, very loveable and gentle with Trinity (except when he has the zoomies, lol). He's a mama's boy, though. He's also very protective of Trinity and me. He don't like anybody coming near us. Don't let that sweet face fool ya.

·
APBT!
9,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Aww, what type of dog is Rolls Royce? He is adorable!
Honestly, I don't know. Best guess would be Lab/GSD mix. He's a shelter mutt. But Thank You for your compliment!

·
Registered
379 Posts
Looks like the Locust we have here in Louisiana, he looks like he came out of his shell not that long ago

·
Jr MEMBER
1,309 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Wow I googled images of both and it appears that we call the locust when they are really a Cicada...... the images of a actual Locust looks like a grasshopper :p

·
SCRATCHIN
1,104 Posts
Cool lookin bugger u got there. U should keep him. :)

·
Premium Member
740 Posts
its a cicada in its terminal phase. people actually eat them in some countries too =p

·
Registered
75 Posts
thats a cicada. a lot of people in the south call them locusts. we have about 20 on our front porch every night. my cat loves them!! and your dog is lovely. i love his ears!

·
APBT!
9,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
@Celestial88, that was what I was trying to think of.. they did a broadcast on the news here in mid-late Spring about how they destroy the trees/plants here in East TN and how to protect against them lol. I couldn't think of it, but knew it started with a C lol.

Thanks everyone for your compliments. Roller's my love-bug puppy. His ears have so many different looks to them, it's funny. Sometimes they almost go half prick they're trying to stand, but I believe at 6 1/2 months old, if they were going to stand, they would have already.

·
Bitch Noone Wanted
8,939 Posts
awwww yeah see down here we call them locusts, cause grasshoppers are just taht down here grasshoppers, lmaooo. Great pics mah, :D

·
The Yard Of Many Colors
3,420 Posts
great pics bev :D looks like a locusts to me... but you know here in east tn we have our own terms for eveything :D

·
APBT!
9,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
awwww yeah see down here we call them locusts, cause grasshoppers are just taht down here grasshoppers, lmaooo. Great pics mah, :D
Lol mah.. you know how us Texans do it ha ha.

great pics bev :D looks like a locusts to me... but you know here in east tn we have our own terms for eveything :D
Yeah, Jessie... I'm still learning the "native language" here in E. TN lol. I think the one that gets me the most, is "you'ns" ha ha. I SMH every time I hear someone around here say it.

·
Registered
6,167 Posts
HAHA!I love the way people in the south talk.
Roller looks different everytime I see him.He already looks just a little more grown than he did in the pics you posted the other day.He's a cutie!

·
APBT!
9,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
HAHA!I love the way people in the south talk.
Roller looks different everytime I see him.He already looks just a little more grown than he did in the pics you posted the other day.He's a cutie!
I know, its crazy isn't it Lisa!? Roller's growing so fast its just amazing... I'm gonna work on a new signature banner showing when I first got him (when I was watching him) to now... it'd be interesting to see how he's grown lol. He says thank you for the compliment and he sends kisses. He's not much of a kisser, but he's not a sloppy, slobbery kisser either lol.

Reactions: dixieland

·
Bitch Noone Wanted
8,939 Posts
hahaha I remember when I lived in PA as a teenager, they all said "youns" I was like wtheck is that word, they laughed and said what does y'all mean :p So same thing just sounds totally different :p

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.