Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OH MY GOD HOW DO YOU GUYS DEAL WITH THE STUPID?? D: i have had other bull breeds and none of them got as much attention as this guy..
And it's like there is no point trying to tell people he ISN'T a rednose or that he isn't an APBT..someone today told me that "american" and "rednose" are two separate breeds of pit bull?? WHAT THE ACTUAL FRICK???
and than someone told me he is DEFINITELY a rednose and i am absolutely wrong because he has the build of a rednose, and blue noses have a different build,
someone offered me a "stack" for him today, and i was told he was probably a fighting dog before i got him because of his ears and a scar he has,
and told me not to let him interact with anyone but me and my boyfriend AS HE IS PETTING MY DOG OMGGG holy crap, TOOOO much stupid in one day.
I don't think there is a point trying to talk to people because they are just so sure they are right. I will be posting some videos and pictures of Loki soon...

SOME GOOD THINGS HAPPENED TODAY

Loki did "watch me" in front of other dogs!!!! i was so proud of him today,
took him down to the park and turns out there was some kind of small dog event going on, so we worked on listening in front of distractions, i am surprised he did so well!! he had a small amount of barking episodes, but all around not bad for his first time in front of dogs, SOOOO many too!! i was proud..
i had other videos but my bf got my face in it and i don't like the way i look soooo....
Video here:
I only got the camera out when he was swimming back, but geese are the only reason he will go into water lol, as soon as he hits the end of his leash though he comes back
Video here:

·
Super Moderator
5,296 Posts
I know exactly what your talking about Adjecyca. Some days you just have "stupid" overload. Hey, not a total waste. You did have Loki looking at you with the other dogs and you got some beautiful pictures of Loki in the water. Thanks for sharing.

Joe

·
Registered
91 Posts
Yeah.... those are some fighting ears lol. People are very dumb about pitbulls. I brought my 4 month old puppy to Petsmart yesterday and had people questioning why I brought a pitbull into the store. She is a lil 30lb beast apparently..... I hate dumb people.

·
Premium Member
1,905 Posts
Meh, I honestly just laugh in people's faces now when they say something like that. I had one lady say "she isn't a purebred Pit Bull is she, she's too small and her head is too narrow". I just looked at her and laughed and said "she's 20lbs HEAVIER than a purebred Pit Bull, so you clearly have no idea what you're talking about."

Can't fix stupid. I don't even bother to try.

·
Hitting the Trails Weekly
344 Posts
I definitely know the feeling, I met one guy who was sure that Charlie was a labrador-rottweiler mix. I had another kid ask me if he was a "blue nosed" (his nose is black....I'm not sure why anyone cares about that) Pit Bull before telling me they were worth a lot of money. :rolleyes:
You got some great pics by the way, just ignore people like that!

·
Premium Member
465 Posts
First the pic's, they're very nice and a good swimmer loki is. :-D

if I tell people that I feed raw food, they are shocked bc It's a ''fighting'' breed.
Then they asking:''Does that not make them more aggressive and bloodthirsty''(LOL)
I can go on for hours.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I will never forget Maggie's first puppy class. A lady was petting her all over, and Maggie was kissing the lady and doing the whole body wag. The lady asked me what breed she was. When I answered pit bull / lab mix, the lady pulled back like she'd been burned.

Sheesh! She was all of 4 months old and obviously a love bucket. Besides, she was not the holy terror of the puppy class. That honor belonged to a 3 month old corgi.

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
Yeah sometimes it's not even worth the air trying to correct people. I can usually gauge pretty quick lol

Great job Loki! Glad he is making you proud.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts