Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am currently feeding Bella blue buffalo grain free right now. I have fed a raw diet to a past dog I had but it was to much for me to prepare. I then bought the NV premade raw and fed him raw in the morning and kibble at his night time feeding. It seemed to do well together because there was an 8-10 hr time lapse between feedings. Anyone else ever do this and how was your experience? I am thinking about doing it with Bella so she can at least have some raw in her diet.

·
OCD Bullyologist
8,663 Posts
When I transitioned to RAW I mixed the RAW with kibble then completely kicked the kibble. He does better on RAW only. All you can do is give it a try and if she does well on feeding RAW in the morning and kibble at night then I would stick to it. :)

·
GP's Dr. Phil
3,732 Posts
IMHO- if your feeding a quality grain food-no need for raw. I would do one or the other. Just make sure if you go raw- go all the way.

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. The raw in AM and kibble at night worked for my other dog so I will give it a go with Bella. I was on another dog forum awhile back and I know alot of people did both on there. I was told u are not supposed to mix raw and kibble at feedings cause they digest differently. But if you feed them several hours apart you will be fine. I want Bella to have variety and I can't do all raw right now. I have access to alot of great premade raw :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts