Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
3,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it ok do give my dogs a little bowl of kibble every now and then?

I feed them all raw now,but Beia seems to only want to eat kibble.

Bruno wont ever get kibble cause of his skin issues,but Beia is ok with kibble.

Would it mess them up? I know my roomie gave Beia kibble(case she says I am not feeding them enough,rawr)
And Beia had huge poo and pooped like 4 times :/ But that's cause they gave her Beneful(ARGH)

So yeah, is it ok? I'd be buying a little bag of like,TOTW or something.

·
Proud CGC Parent
1,782 Posts
There are people on LJ who do half-and-half each day. Their morning food is raw and their evening meal is kibble (or vice versa).

I don't see anything wrong with it. Have you thought about feeding her raw and then using the kibble as treats for training?

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
I personally wouldnt if it were my dog, mixing it up could cause some digestive issues but then it depends on the dog , if they are sensitive to food change and such then it would be worse to do that. some people do feed both I was always told to commit to one and stick to it and will for my dogs but it is just my opinioon and there are other with different ones :)

·
Banned
3,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well,Beia eats pretty much anything,but I am noticing she would rather eat Kush's dry kibble,then the raw chicken.

I was thinking I might keep Bruno on raw and switch Beia back to kibble.

·
OCD Bullyologist
8,663 Posts
I don't do it; however, many people do. Just make sure you are using these proportions:

Portions
- 40% Kibble
- 40% Meat
- 15% Roughage (vegetation or tripe)
- 5% Misc (Yogurts, ACV, Supplements)

·
Banned
3,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks! That help!

I gave them to much kibble yesterday.....Oh man the poop and the gas is something I am NOT use to anymore :/

·
Registered
18 Posts
I feed my pup with kibble totw or acana mixed with raw everyday two times a day my dog loves it and will not eat without meat, I use abbady raw foods best stuff my dogs skin has been much healthier looks shiny and he's in best shape ever. overall its worth spending extra money one food. My rhyno has been eating this since he was 4 months he loves it.

·
Original Prankster
13,928 Posts
I feed my pup with kibble totw or acana mixed with raw everyday two times a day my dog loves it and will not eat without meat, I use abbady raw foods best stuff my dogs skin has been much healthier looks shiny and he's in best shape ever. overall its worth spending extra money one food. My rhyno has been eating this since he was 4 months he loves it.
Feeding one meal of each spaced apart can be fine but you should never mix it together. They both have different digestion rates and that can really mess with them.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have Zeus on Raw (Natures Variety Raw Beef Patties) in the morning and Kibble (orijen regional + puppy mixxed) at night with a little bit of switch supplement mixxed in. Solid Poops no upset tummy. Today is day 3 of his new diet.

he was on Straight Eukanuba Puppy 3cups a day!

I notice he is alot fuller after eating Orijen! ill never go back to any other kibble.

·
Registered
14 Posts
after a week of the raw and kibble diet i notice Zeus has a softer coat, shiner coat, gaining weight.. little to no gas! he had horrible gas on Eukenuba! :poop:

he has never looked so healthy!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts