Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been reading up on homemade raw food diet for pitties and the benefits. I have been considering feeding my 14 week old red nose a raw diet, even though it appears to be alot of work and expensive, I really only want the best for my little guy. I was wondering how many of you feed your dogs a raw food diet and if you do, have you had success with it? Also, can I feed a puppy a raw diet, or do I need to wait until he's older.

Sent from my Lenovo TB-X104F using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
4,586 Posts
I feed my boy raw due to his allergies. It really takes a considerable amount of research and learning to get the nutrition right. I recommend you begin your journey at preymodelraw.com
This is where I started. There is info and and a support system.
Some breeders on the sight actually ween their pups to raw, so there is no minimum age.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I have fed raw on and off. Do your research because getting all the nutrients is tricky. And there are also things you don't want to overdo. Local co ops are often a great resource. There are also a few companies with reputable grinds that include the correct bone/muscle/organ and other supplement combinations and some have puppy specific blends. It absolutely has a positive impact in my opinion though I do know some people whose dogs did not take to it. Lots of folk feed puppies on raw, so I wouldn't let that stop you but I would look into specific puppy requirements.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts