Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to start feeding trane raw egg. I was just wondering how to go about it?

·
Banned
139 Posts
i usually partially cook it then mix it up with my dogs food......poached is the best way to go in my opinion. but i dont know jack about raw food diets

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hmm maybe ill try that but i wonder if there is a difference in the benifits from it????

·
Registered
11,428 Posts
I just crack an egg over the dogs kibble shell and all I also mix some olive oil and apple cider vinegar in as well .... I started with raw eggs last month it does wonder's for the skin and coat

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
I gave Peanut an egg and it made him have the WORST gas. I thought he had an accident in the house...never found any poo just turned out he farted..found out later about it when he was near me i heard him fart and the same smell. Egg makes a stinky Peanut

·
Registered
4,164 Posts
I've always heard that too many raw eggs can lead to some kind of deficiency, although I always manage to forget what. (Biotin, maybe?) Plus they're very fatty, so if they aren't really needed, you're dumping a lot of calories in your dog. Moderation is key. I give raw eggs once in a while, usually mixed in with the kibble on a workout day. IMO, extra virgin olive oil is a better source of healthy fats. But again, that's JMO.

·
Banned
1,750 Posts
I've always heard that too many raw eggs can lead to some kind of deficiency, although I always manage to forget what. (Biotin, maybe?) Plus they're very fatty, so if they aren't really needed, you're dumping a lot of calories in your dog. Moderation is key. I give raw eggs once in a while, usually mixed in with the kibble on a workout day. IMO, extra virgin olive oil is a better source of healthy fats. But again, that's JMO.
Correct too much egg whites can cause a biotin deficiancy, but if you use an egg seperator and just feed the yolk or partially cook (soft boil) the egg it breaks down the advidin which is the cause of the biotin problem...

I also wash and save all my (free range, organic) egg shells and when I have a lot a crush them up into a fine dust, this make a perfect FREE calcium powder supplement!

·
Dare to dance the tide
12,401 Posts
My dogs eat eggs all the time in fact in the summer when the chicken are free range I have to fight the dogs for the eggs... they usually find them first. All of our dogs get eggs every day.

·
Bitch Noone Wanted
8,939 Posts
I have always given my dogs raw eggs. I usually crack them and give it to them over their kibble. Penny is allergic to eggs so she can't have any. She pukes everytime. Phoenix likes his right out of the shell. I just crack it and open it above his head he licks it all up. He loves it. Orion I have to put in his food.

Why do you give the dogs the shell along with the rest of the egg. I would just think since we don't eat it the dogs don't need to eat it either. lol. I don't mean to sound all humanish about that. Just wondering. :D

·
Forum Manager
4,908 Posts

·
Forum Manager
4,908 Posts
I have always given my dogs raw eggs. I usually crack them and give it to them over their kibble. Penny is allergic to eggs so she can't have any. She pukes everytime. Phoenix likes his right out of the shell. I just crack it and open it above his head he licks it all up. He loves it. Orion I have to put in his food.

Why do you give the dogs the shell along with the rest of the egg. I would just think since we don't eat it the dogs don't need to eat it either. lol. I don't mean to sound all humanish about that. Just wondering. :D
the shell is agreat source of calcium and protein

·
Bitch Noone Wanted
8,939 Posts
thanks Nizmo. Am not sure they would eat the shell but I will try it next time.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts