Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been reading mixed reviews on the net in terms of feeding your dog raw eggs. My dog has suffered from skin issues since he was about 6 months old and actually the last few weeks I've been mixing in raw egg whites in his food and his skin/coat has never been better.

I haven't been giving him the yolk - just the egg white...but completely raw.

Anyone have any type of insight on this topic and whether it's ok - and if this is completely fine, how much is too much?

Thanks

·
Registered
56 Posts
The egg yolk actually has more biotin, so you might want to feed a whole raw egg a few times a week. My dog even crunches the shell and eats it. Some people give their dogs as much as one egg per day, but I don't give that many. It might not hurt the dog to give extra egg because it's a balanced source of protein, however you probably wouldn't see any added benefits in overfeeding them.

·
Dare to dance the tide
12,401 Posts
Vendetta has been getting an egg a day since she was 4mos old. I give her a whole egg and about 2tbsp of whey.

·
Banned
3,721 Posts
I've been reading mixed reviews on the net in terms of feeding your dog raw eggs. My dog has suffered from skin issues since he was about 6 months old and actually the last few weeks I've been mixing in raw egg whites in his food and his skin/coat has never been better.

I haven't been giving him the yolk - just the egg white...but completely raw.

Anyone have any type of insight on this topic and whether it's ok - and if this is completely fine, how much is too much?

Thanks
what kind of food are you feeding your dog? I feed raw egg with shell and a heaping spoon of cottage cheese everytime my dog works out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts