Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have decided to take the plunge for feeding my dogs raw and have read every article I could find. I am going to use the Prey Model Raw on here for a guideline. But I wanted to know if you who feed raw could show examples of your meals M-F. I want to see, for example, what exactly you'd feed, let's say a 50lb pit, on a day-to-day basis. Thanks.

·
Kelevra
1,733 Posts
you could do a site search for threads using the word raw.. youll get tons of info ..

·
Registered
546 Posts
I feed 1/2 kibble but here are some meal examples for my 45 lb girl who I would fee approx 1 lb to 1 1/4 lb raw per day. I feed 8 oz boneless meals and 10-11 oz meals with bone included. I use grocery store meat not whole animals with fur - I love finding the whole mackera; (with innards) in the freezer section! Here are some ideas.

8 oz boneless meat (chicken, turkey, beef, pork, etc)
10 oz chicken parts
4 oz beef heart + 4-6 oz chicken leg
8-10 oz whole mackerel
6-8 oz turkey wing with loose meat to make up weight to approx 10 oz
2 oz liver + 6-8 oz meat or meat with bone
6 oz pork neck bones + 2-4 oz kidney
2-3 pork ribs + meat to make up weight to approx 10 oz
8 oz hamburger
4 oz hamburger and chicken wing or pork rib or two
8-10 oz cleaned tilapia
4 oz pork tails + 4-6 oz boneless chicken or other meat
a chicken thigh that's approx 8-10 oz or add meat to make up weight
4-6 oz chicken leg + egg + 2 oz kidney (< eggs are approx 2 oz)

Green tripe either fresh or canned is AWESOME but it stinks worse than anything!

I feed mostly domestic meats but ALL kinds are best for variety - I
d love to find buffalo and emu, etc! There are other supplements like egg, cottage cheese, fish oil, apple cider vinegar, etc that you can also use.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I feed 1/2 kibble but here are some meal examples for my 45 lb girl who I would fee approx 1 lb to 1 1/4 lb raw per day. I feed 8 oz boneless meals and 10-11 oz meals with bone included. I use grocery store meat not whole animals with fur - I love finding the whole mackera; (with innards) in the freezer section! Here are some ideas.

8 oz boneless meat (chicken, turkey, beef, pork, etc)
10 oz chicken parts
4 oz beef heart + 4-6 oz chicken leg
8-10 oz whole mackerel
6-8 oz turkey wing with loose meat to make up weight to approx 10 oz
2 oz liver + 6-8 oz meat or meat with bone
6 oz pork neck bones + 2-4 oz kidney
2-3 pork ribs + meat to make up weight to approx 10 oz
8 oz hamburger
4 oz hamburger and chicken wing or pork rib or two
8-10 oz cleaned tilapia
4 oz pork tails + 4-6 oz boneless chicken or other meat
a chicken thigh that's approx 8-10 oz or add meat to make up weight
4-6 oz chicken leg + egg + 2 oz kidney (< eggs are approx 2 oz)

Green tripe either fresh or canned is AWESOME but it stinks worse than anything!

I feed mostly domestic meats but ALL kinds are best for variety - I
d love to find buffalo and emu, etc! There are other supplements like egg, cottage cheese, fish oil, apple cider vinegar, etc that you can also use.
Thank you, your response is greatly appreciated. I was just curious how a typical meal on any given day was for dogs. I wanted to see a schedule.

·
Registered
45 Posts
m - turkey necks and chicken liver
t - goat head, leg, or rib cage
w - chicken wings, legs, backs, gizzards, hearts, and liver
th - cow neck bone
f- whole fish (talapia or whiting)
s- whole guinea pig, rabbit or turkey necks
s - fast

i feed small pieces of organ meat as a reward for doing something well (bitesleeve, tug of war, fast bike ride, extra effort on slat mill). the different types include goat/lamb spleen, liver, and heart (heart is considered muscle meat). i add chicken skin/fat and goat fat in the winter for extra weight.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts