Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So Razor Has Been Fully House Broken Since He Was Ten Weeks Old..Well He Has The Occasional Accident Now And Then But Not For Like The Past 2 Months..He Is 9 Months Old..Well Last Week He Started Being On My BED When He Is Mad At Me, Well Actually I Don't Think It Is When He Is Mad At Me..Cuz I Haven't Done Anything!!! He Did It Right In Front Of My Boyfriend The Other Day.. And Then Again To But This Time I Was In The Living Room...I Just Went Out And Bought A New Bed Set, Haven't Even Had It A Week And It Has Been To The Laundry Mat 3 TIMES!!! Any Idea's Why He Could Be Doing This..And He Knows He Is Going To Get In Trouble Because He Gets Down And Goes Right In His Crate And Lays Down By Himself..Cuz When He Gets In Trouble I Put Him In His Crate For 20 Minutes..So He Knows Not To Do It..Yet He Does It Anyways.

·
Courage
3,052 Posts
He's probably attempting to claim the bed. Do you have other dogs who get up there?

·
Fat-Dogs-R-Us
8,760 Posts
From the few posts I have read it sounds like a serious dominance issue with razor. He is trying to tell ya'll that it's his house now. it's time for some doggy bootcamp. I had to remedy a problem dog not too long ago. Same thing... she started doing bad things out of the blue. A couple of suggestions that i got from the forum (I followed all of them so i don't know which one or if it was a combo of it all) are;

1) since you have a multiple pet home ALWAYS DO EVERYTHING WITH YOUR ELDEST PET FIRST and then move down the line based on length in your home. (this reinforces the animals pecking order)
2) Do not allow your pet to be on the furniture. (this establishes the humans as the alphas because it no longer allows your pet to be at eye level with you.)
3) When feeding time comes (everyone in their own crate) make your dog "work" for its food. Even if it is just a sit and shake before you allow him to have his food. If you're dog savvy then handle your dog and it's food while feeding. If you're not... I would leave it alone and keep him crated while food is out. When food time is over remove all food since you have a multiple dog home. (this helps with the humans being the alphas because in the wild the alpha eats first and then the rest of the pack gets what's left)
4) Before you even touch (ALL PETTING)your dog make him "work" for you. Give him a command like sit before petting or greating when you come home.
5) NEVER use the crate as punishment because he will resent being in there and not eat as well as not want to go in period! if punishment is neccessary simply scold (if you catch him in the act) and then ignore for the next 20 minutes. It kills our breed to be ignored because they are attention hogs.
6) get him out on a leash to do some exercise and basic training. Exercise is a big stressor with this breed. A tired pitty is a happy pitty.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the advice..see i never had these problems with the food or the peeing or anything with my last pitbull..who died at the age of two, due to a problem with her heart..it just stopped beating one day while she was playing..and razor is her cousin..so i have this fear of it happening to him to..but anyways i heard males were more stubborn..idk but thanks again i will try these tips..:)

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
see everyone was like in shock at how smart he is..he was house broken 3 days after i got him and i had him not begging almost a week after i got him...he would go lay down in the living room while we ate..and wouldn't beg..he was sitting and giving high fives and laying down..now it's like he's going through his teenage stage where he's going to do what he wants to do whether i like it or not..has anyone else's dog gone through this?

3,968 Posts
it does sound like he is claiming the bed. quick advice so he wont claim the bed. right now it sounds like he is marking HIS territory. simple way to stop that.... every time he jumps on the bed without being called up tell him to get down if he doesnt get down grab his collar and pull him off (dont be rough) this way he will see the bed is not his it is yours so he will respect the bed more and not try to own it. by letting him on the bed whenever he wants you are basically letting him own the bed. the only tim he should go on the bed is when you call him up!

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
YAY He Hasn't Peed In The House Since The Last Time I Posted About It!!! And I Made Him Hold It For Four Hours The Other Day..It Felt Good Since I Live On The Third Floor!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts