Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The dogs have been going stir crazy since we had a few nasty days - that meant no walks because I don't plan on getting sick any time soon before the upcoming shows. I figured now would be an opportune time to get pictures since I roped the SO into playing with them while I snapped pics. Minor appearance by Tobi the Tubby Lab (who's not quite so tubby any more since she was put on a D-I-E-T).

First, we'll start with Luna. Luna's going to be 6 years old on May 21st and is an absolute nut when it comes to the flirt pole. She literally vibrates if she's told to wait.

"Poppa, you suck. This sucks. Let's GO!"

And we're off!

Grab!

Tug! Tug!

Then on to Ms. Lyric. Lyric's officially 15 months old. She's just as intense on the flirt as Luna, but she thinks versus chasing it. She almost out-smarted the SO a couple of times by changing directions on him.

"Mom! Get that thing over here! I want it!"

Zoom!

Catchin' air.... (woulda been nicer if the nose hadn't been cut off. :roll: )

A tired pit bull is a GOOD pit bull.

Ryker (can't believe he'll be 3 years in July) is more intent on chasing, grabbing and then running some more. He's a dork. He runs his mouth the whole time and will tell you if you're taking too long to do something...

Always starts of quiet...

Then he talks smack...

And finally, he's off!

Whee!

Running his mouth...as usual.

And a few almost catches...(with silly faces!)

And finally...tired.

And Tobi the Tubby Lab (who snuck out of the house and ran a bit with Lyric).

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Very awesome pictures you got there. I LOVE them all, but man Ryker's markings are so beautiful, and he has some cool faces he is making there, lol. Your lab reminds me of our lab/pit mix who is a major tub and she is also on a diet, haha. Thanks for sharing. What kinda camera did you use to take those nice shots? Mother's Day is coming up and my hubby said I can have a new very nice camera so I am wanting something that will just snap snap snap all the action shots. Thanks. :)

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
they looks like they had soo much fun!!! :) great pics of ryker ahahh thats kenya all the way. talkin smack, ahahha thanks for sharin!

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,246 Posts
They look great! Man I want another brindle,

·
Registered
502 Posts
Beautiful babies! Great action shots! I can't believe you're out in your front yard or at least that's the way it looks in that picture with Ryker and no fence. Just goes to show what happens when you keep your pits mind occupied by doing something they like and enjoy!!!

·
Premium Member
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Beautiful babies! Great action shots! I can't believe you're out in your front yard or at least that's the way it looks in that picture with Ryker and no fence. Just goes to show what happens when you keep your pits mind occupied by doing something they like and enjoy!!!
Well, there's still a lot of extra precautions taken. We live on a dead end road on 2.5 acres of land with multiple people watching the dogs and bribes not far out of reach IF one of them thinks about being stupid. They're also heavily obedience trained (though that doesn't make them perfect!), so I wouldn't recommend it if you don't have A) multiple people B) an untrained dog or C) unreliable idiot neighbors.

The dogs know that I can be a VERY scary person when I'm angry - it's not to hard to do the evil voice and make myself look imposing. Hehe. It's easier that way if one of them *thinks* about wandering. I'm also cautious of folks outside - our neighbors (finally!) got rid of their nasty, HA German Shepherd so the neighborhood is one less mongrel.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Awesome action shots. Im gonna have to get a flirt pole or spring pole when my pit gets a litttle older. Ryker is my choice, that dog is jacked.

·
Premium Member
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
they all look really good, wish i had a good camera, all the shots came out super clear and nice
Wheezie, I've done some fantastic action shots with my point and shoot that (IMO!) sucks, but if you practice, I'm sure you can get some great action shots. It's a matter of just waiting and praying. I took about 200 photos and only had about 60 come out. It's pretty normal. Hehe

Awesome action shots. Im gonna have to get a flirt pole or spring pole when my pit gets a litttle older. Ryker is my choice, that dog is jacked.
Actually, though you can't see the definition as well in Lyric, she's more muscled than Ryker. He takes forever to condition. Being a bitch, it doesn't look as pronounced because she's got lean muscle vs. majorly bunchy muscle (which is how it should be, IMO).

3,968 Posts
wow i love the way these dogs look. love the brindle:clap:. looks like fun and a lot of time working them bet they have tons of energy!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts