Go Pitbull Forums banner
101 - 113 of 113 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,497 Posts
me too, i agree i have to be careful what i write because with out being face to face, the tone or real meaning could be misunderstood. in no way was i trying to be disrespectful to anyone, thats just not my style. if anything, i glad that there is one of those animals around.

i know it's a lot different now, but back in the day you didnt have to dislike the competitors, out of hundreds of events i really can say never did see a serious flare up but one time.

YIS

·
Registered
4 Posts
Anything called "BLUE" or BLUE NOSED can be thrown out of the list. That list has so many NAMES of dogs, kennels, and blood that are as much TRUE pit bulldog blood as my sons parakeet. Razors edge, and Gotti, all that stuff is garbage. Not to mention you have bloodlines up there that are the same blood. For example, Boudroux and Eli. Bullyson and Ei, Chinaman, Eli. Chinaman is it's own blood, by way of Eli. Boudroux used Eli blood. In fact, Boudroux used Bullyson, Bullyson Jr. Eli Jr. etc.

·
keep it REAL
971 Posts
ofrn, you must've had a misprint. because the irish have been bringing thes dogs since waaaayyy!!!! before the 1900's wasnt the pilot and crib match in 1827 or something like that?

and when they came over, you had 'old family' dogs. that is in no way connected to the 'old family red nose' dogs. i think bob wallace crossed the to strains.

'old family' i think were mainly brindle and white, eg. searcy jeff i believe. but when he crossed them together they kinda blended together. i think. but i can tell you this if there is any question about the OFRN'S mike could answer it.
Going light Barney
ONLINE PEDIGREES :: [14057] :: GOING LIGHT BARNEY (8XW)(1XL)

That is the old family type you are describing, correct??

·
Registered
340 Posts
Bullyson, Chinaman, jeep, rascal, snooty, were dogs, not lines! They are called lines because of their accomplishments. To ask, "what are real apbt lines, I believe, is a juvenile question. No offense intended. If one wants to know if a dog is an apbt check with the registering agencies of your choice. I see lots of peoples and dogs names in the aforementioned lists that are not line but rather good dogs and good dog men! I only named the above because of my personal knowledge of these dogs. I do not want to offend anyone, by referring to a dog I am not personally aware of. But, it is hard to talk lines today because it is just internet talk. In the past one would bring their best and all knew of the outstanding apbt! All we should seek today is the dogs in the pedigree and choose what you think is the best, just my opinion!

·
Registered
340 Posts
In the early 70's, say 1972 forward we would secure a dog and ask how it was bred, responses in those days for my little area of top dog men were invariably, "black widow, ironhead, bullyson, eli, butcher boy, rascal, honeybunch, satch, bloodymary, and so forth. All of these dogs came from top dogs of earlier times like dibo etc. But, we never got confused about a line, because the line was what was winning and was your preference. The people talking about past great lines without putting up didn't mean much and it certainly means less for me today. But, it could mean more if you don't have what you like, then you need to check with consistent old time breeders.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Bloodlines CAN be named after the breeder, kennel or a famous dog from that line. For example: Macho Buck (the dog) comes from Bolio-Tombstone/Red Boy-Jocko blood strain. Correct me if I'm wrong.

·
Premium Member
1,273 Posts
MB is a Buck dog (RBJ/Tombstone - Bolio is questionable but that’s “what the ped says” for Buck. But MB is not the name of the kennel. Evolution bred MB. Typically dogs are either named for the breeder (Boudreaux, Colby) or the famous dogs it comes down off of (RB/J, Tombstone). I’ve never really seen any dogs named after kennels. Most dogs these days are names from the more famous dogs in their lines whereas older dogs are more typically after the dogmen/breeders back in the day.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Right on, so true! Usually the ppl who scoff, patronize or belittle you because you are asking a question in a DISCUSSION forum, are usually internet trolls who's knowledge is usually rudimentary to whatever is being discussed...so ignore them and wait for someone with a little more class to respond. We all should be here to exchange new ideas, learn and be helpful. Moderator kick out the trolls!

·
Premium Member
1,273 Posts
Okay. Give me the troll(s), on this forum, name and I'll take care of it.
This thread is so old I'm positive none of said trolls are still even here....:cop:

·
Registered
8 Posts
What I've got is:

Alligator
Apache
Avant
Banjo
Big Boy
Bolio
Booger
Boudreaux
Boyle
Buck
Bullyson
Camelot
Carver
Castillo
Ceaser
Chaos
Chevy
Chinaman
Cherokee
Clemmon
Clouse
Colby
Collett
Corvino
Cotton's Bullet
Cowboy
Crenshaw
Cruz
Dagger
De La Cruz
Dibo
Blue
Blue Nose
Blue Diamond
Dozier
Eddington
Eli
Falin
Farmers' Boy
Frisco
Gaff
Gambler
Gatormouth
Giroux
Gladiator
Gotti
Greenwood
Greyline
Hammond
Hank
Hawaiian Jul'z
Hemphill
Hollingsworth
Homer
Honeybunch
Ironline
Iron Kid
Iron Man
Jeep
Jocko
Knowlwood
Kobe
Krush
Lightner
Linasky
Lonzo
Mayday
Mayfield
Maverick
Maximillion
McCoy
Monster G
Neilson
Nigerino
Old Family
Old Rednose
Palladin
Patrick
Peterson
Rapid Roy
Rascal
Razors Edge
Red Devil
Red Man
Redboy
Remyline
Rocky
Royal Blue Generation
Royal Red
Ruffian
Sarona
Six Bits
Snooty
Sorrell
Spike
Sundance
Tab
Tant
Turpin
T-N-T
Tom Garner
Tombstone
Two Eye
Virgil
Watchdog
Whitsell
Whopper
Wildside
Wood Forest
Yellow
Yella John
York
Zebo

but many listed here are not APBT such as Camolot, Bullyson, Gotti, Ironline, Iron Man, Monster G, Remyline, Snooty, T-N-T, Whopper, Gaff and many other...
Bullyson is Apbt

·
Registered
8 Posts
OKAY then... who can come up with a proper list of Bloodlines ???
Here is a proper list. I will start out with the bloodlines named after the famous dog men, then the bloodlines named after the famous dogs they produced (feel free to add ones I missed):

• Colby (old)
  • Henry (old)
  • Feeley (old)
  • Shipley (old)
  • Armitage (old)
  • Lightner (old)
  • Tudor
  • Carver
  • Crenshaw
  • McCoy
  • Hemphill
  • Wallace