Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My puppy seems to be alot more active than the rest of the litter, he has always been the most active, even since when went to see him at 5 days old, is this somthing to be concerd about? Is this going to make things alot more difficult for me when i come to train him, he is not interested in people all he wants to do is growl at my 2 yr old staffy and try and bite him, is this normall for a 8 week old pup?

Thanks

·
APBT!
9,589 Posts
No, him being active doesn't show cause for concern, unless you're the type of person that doesn't like to do anything other than vegitate on the couch. You may have some issues with training, but that's where teaching the focus command comes in handy. If you join up with a good trainer, you'll have no problems.

At 8 wks old, he's exhibiting signs of play, and depending on how long you've had him home with you, he may have missed out on some vital learning with the mama and littermates, called bite inhibition. Your other dog will have no problems teaching this if he gets too out of hand, but you should be vigilant in training, so that the pup isn't chewing on you and/or your family members. Those teeth are sharp and hurt like hell when they bite.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am an active person and im always out and about with my other dog ozzy, ozzy has snaped at the pup a few time and hes gone running to his bed, the pup will go out side for the toilet, and stands by the door if its locked, i think hes got the hang of this because of my other dog, its just keeping diesels (the pup) attention, all he wants to do is hang off ozzy's ears

·
APBT!
9,589 Posts
He's just being a normal pup. Find you a good training program with a trainer who has experience with these breeds and has a good reputation with them. No PetsMart or Cesar Millan type trainers, though. Maybe sign up with a breed club that offers training and you'll be off to a great start.

·
APBT!
9,589 Posts
You're very welcome. Glad I could help out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts