Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does someone have a recommendation for good arthritis medicine? My Queen, Miss hannah is finally starting to show signs of arthritis after 13 years so I need some recommendations. I've seen dausiquin in the catalogues but was wondering what worked that wasn't too hard on a delicate stomach. She is my Queen and first bulldog...just admitting she is now a senior stateswoman makes me tear up...but I need to maintain her health even though I want to stick my head in the sand...herbal or not ...doesn't matter...thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
333 Posts
I use a Glucosamine/Chondroitin for joint care and Metacam (Meloxicam) for the joint pain/inflammation from arthritis.

You will need a prescription from your vet for the Meloxicam, but you can get it at Walmart for only $4.00 for a 30 day prescription. Your vet will also want to do blood work before beginning the drug and every 6 months there after in order to monitor kidney and liver function. Just like any other NSAID, there are risks when using long term. LOL I kinda sounded like a commercial just now, but this works really, really well for my old boy who is a tri-pawd w/ arthritis.

My dog also has a very sensitive stomach and has never has any issues taking that combo of meds. I do give him his meds with food, so that probably helps.

Good luck to you and your precious queen Miss Hannah :)

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
I just ordered some all natural mange shampoo defendex from this site. I read alot of the success stories. I am big on natural products for my girl. They sell a supplement for dogs with arthritis and hip dysplasia that has FDA approved homeopathic ingredients. I guess it's worth a look into :)
VETiONX® Arthro-IonX? - Dog Joint Pain & Arthritis Symptom Relief

1 - 3 of 3 Posts