Go Pitbull Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
RED ALERT....
Texas Legislation is considering making it a felony to own a pit bull. All pits will be put down (KILLED) and you will go to jail. Please contact your state representative to protest. & PLEASE BOMBARD THE GOVERNOR OF TX WITH PHONE CALLS, EMAILS, & FAXES TO STOP THIS LEGISLATION!
PHONE 1-512-463-2000 FAX 1-512-463-1849 please repost and FIGHT it asap!!!!

Calmly giving facts like ATTs percentages telling about your own dog and experiences, therapy dogs, service dogs and other things pit bulls do is helpful.

Bring up the reasons why it isn't fair and why it doesn't work.
Give them FAIR alternatives to BSL.
Again, being calm and using solid facts is the best way to go.
Don't get emotional even though it is an emotional topic.

You can also send in positive pictures.

For those in the Texas area get petitions and rallies going asap.

There are some great sites like that can help with how to word things:

Love-A-Bull, Inc. | Austin, TX

understand-a-bull.com

Breed Specific Legislation (BSL): How to Fight it | PitBulls

Strategy: Fighting Breed Bans

·
Silver VIP Member
2,261 Posts
they should do something similaR,with the flood gates for illegals.texas is half the problem with it.maybe we should just give it back to mexico.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Wow, what is going on there that such drastic measures are even entertained? A FELONY? That would make instant felons out of a lot of Texans. I don't think it is hyperbole to suggest in the current economy that it could bankrupt the state trying to enforce it. Texas is serious about putting people in jail when they feel like it and many people don't make it on probation.

I wonder how they would root out all the pits in Texas? How will they kill them? Wow, what kind of idiot proposed this?

I don't live there so I have no real case to make, but I agree that proposing sensible alternatives to this makes sense. It is possible that this is intended to shock people into accepting lesser BSL in the long run. I can't imagine that with the recent ADA ruling on service dogs and the problems it is causing Denver, that this would stand up to a serious challenge in court if people actually start going to prison.

·
K9 Pshrynk & Conciliare~
6,363 Posts
Kinda odd... considering some of the best dogs are running around TX.. Yes there are communities of illegals and they all share the same name juan, or ricardo or whatever they have also inspired this act in TX... In those communities of few whites/blacks and majority hispanic/latino there are litterally packs of APBTs running around like coyotes or wolves they are feral.. IN TX was where someone set an APBT on fire a few years back and let it run down the street on fire.. LOL I think we have enough on our plates with guns, and God, government wants our dogs too?

Here take our rights and give us what you think we should have.....

·
Premium Member
1,034 Posts
Crazy! My guess is that they offered up something they know is over the top in an effort to get the powers that be to say, "No way we can give you this, but we can do this instead." Aim high first, when you know you won't get it (sure as heck hope not!), so you can get what you really want/expect.

·
K9 Pshrynk & Conciliare~
6,363 Posts
^^ :rofl: yep thats politics, its all red tape to confuse the truth, and delay genuine accent..

·
Registered
11,428 Posts
I sure hope this BS get's thrown out quickly we have a lot of good bulldog owner's from Texas on this forum and I know several others. Not cool there are some well bred bulldogs and some game owners residing in Texas. No way No how is this going to fly!

·
GP's Dr. Phil
3,732 Posts
Whoa-
That's crazzzzy. I hope it doesn't go thru

1 - 9 of 9 Posts