Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Good with tools
9,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bob had a good day, he worked real hard for Carley and I so he got to hang out in the yard with us.
what a face!

holding down his bench

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
what a sweet face lol very handsom boy.

·
my crazy little mutt pack
3,272 Posts
such a cutie great pics

·
Good with tools
9,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah hes cute, especially after he broke his working lead today. I dont know which of us were more shocked and i was lucky to get ahold of him before he went over the fence.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
bob is huge...awesome doggie u got there carley!!! take care of him or i'll go get him :)

·
Premium Member
13,373 Posts
AWWW there is my little kitty! lol Dave take a link out of that prong collar and get it higher on his neck it will work better ;) I still have to write about my experience with you guys in IL and my time with Bob. I just love that dog!!

·
Good with tools
9,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Lisa maybe Im doing it wrong but he has the slip collar to back up the prong and all corrections are done via dogtra when I tie him out with me in the yard. all other times he's on the leash he has the smaller prong collar. Today he broke the snap on his leash when the neighbor came out and slammed the gate. I about wet my pants and could barely get my hands on the collar in time. sometimes it seems like all the hard work goes out the window in a split second. I have a long way to go

·
Premium Member
5,100 Posts
YAY! Never get sick of seeing and hearing about this guy!

Do you follow where his siblings ended up? I would love to see how his littermates turned out.

Reactions: redog

·
GP's Dr. Phil
3,732 Posts
That's alot of dog ! Good looking too

·
APBT!
9,589 Posts
Those are some awesome shots of Bob!! Dave and Carley, you've definitely got your hands full with him! He's gorgeous though, and I'd love to know how his littermates turned out as well. Please update us if you can!

Lisa, you definitely need to share your experience of your visit with us!! We're waiting paitiently... *taps fingers on desk* lol.

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
Thats alot of dog. you might forget about the collar and go with a halter and maybe a saddle
LMAO :goodpost::goodpost::goodpost:

·
Registered
771 Posts
Bob's such a cutie ;)

·
Good with tools
9,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Bob tops out at 88 lbs, he just looks like he should be big. Ive actually lost touch with Betty's owner and havent heard from her in over a year. Bud's dad is a member here and goes by knucklehead. Riley lived in our neighborhood untill 3 weeks ago. Im really happy for all of them. they were a real challenge to pllace properly and safely due to their intensity. None were quite as nutty as Bob though. Pitbulls are a breeze compared to him

·
Premium Member
13,373 Posts
Lisa maybe Im doing it wrong but he has the slip collar to back up the prong and all corrections are done via dogtra when I tie him out with me in the yard. all other times he's on the leash he has the smaller prong collar. Today he broke the snap on his leash when the neighbor came out and slammed the gate. I about wet my pants and could barely get my hands on the collar in time. sometimes it seems like all the hard work goes out the window in a split second. I have a long way to go
having safe and good equipment is a must with a big dog like that. I suggest a good new leather leash but just because he is big do not get a 1" thick leash, get a 3/4 inch leash. Take a link out of the prong and get it higher, on top of the dogtra and yes still use a slip as a back up. Have your dogtra ready at all times and if he reacts to the noise of the neighbor correct him via dogtra like we worked on. Also get a long line like 20-30 feet so he has more freedom so he runs to the gate to get over you still have a hold and make a correction with the dogtra. Let him know if he goes near that gate it will correct him and it is a no go zone. :) Bob what a butt head! lol

1 - 20 of 29 Posts