Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Inkd & Dogs gotta love it
2,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I read this on another forum this morning and have a problem with it, so maybe someone who is apart of the ADBA could explain to me why other breeds would want to join if we have no right to shows or weight pulls.

Posted by BullyBlade on December 27, 2007, 6:39 pm

The handlers have to open the dogs mouth for the judge so he can evaluate their teeth. It is required, it is not an option, they have to do it. So if your dog is high strung, you need to train the dog and practice showing his teeth. So you would need to invest some time in the training of your dog so you are able to show his teeth to the judge at the show. If you are unable to train him to do this, then I would recommend not entering him in the show.

Within the past year we have opened our registry to all pure-bred dogs. We accept other pure-bred dogs that are already registered with the AKC or UKC and have extensive pedigree information. Of course the American Pit Bull Terrier is still our main breed, and our magazine and dog shows and weight-pull competitions are all still exclusive to the American Pit Bull Terrier and will remain exlusive to the American Pit Bull Terrier in the future.

Thank you,

Adam Bullock

[email protected]
I can understand talking about showing teeth and how it is apart of conformation but the problem I have with the post is:

Within the past year we have opened our registry to all pure-bred dogs. We accept other pure-bred dogs that are already registered with the AKC or UKC and have extensive pedigree information. Of course the American Pit Bull Terrier is still our main breed, and our magazine and dog shows and weight-pull competitions are all still exclusive to the American Pit Bull Terrier and will remain exlusive to the American Pit Bull Terrier in the future.
So why would I want to join this if I am not able to show or weight pull and we all know I love doing both...

Thanks for the replies in advance

Deb

·
Dare to dance the tide
12,401 Posts
I don't know maybe the wording is wrong and it is suppose to say somethng along the lines that they do fun weight pulling events for other dog breeds but the main competition for this event is with APBT. I don't know just venturing a guess.

·
RateMyPitbull.com Moderator
4,389 Posts
Idk why they would open their registry to all breeds but only offer competition to the APBT. It doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

·
Courage
3,052 Posts
gamecock10 said:
Money drives everything...........
You took the words right out of my mouth.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts