Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
do i have to register my dog in order to breed her with papers. When I breed her what do i do with the papers send them in or just give them the numbers?

·
Fat-Dogs-R-Us
8,760 Posts
I know you've been here for a week or so, but I know you're not going to get nice answers with this question... You might get mad and you might just leave. We're not here to promote breeding... we feel as though it is best left to people who have been involved with dogs and "papers" for quite some time. This is a really Basic Dog Breeder 101. Yes you need papers on your female before she gets bred. The sire needs to have the same kind of papers... if mom is ADBA registered the dad must also have ADBA papers. The ADBA has litter applications that you must fill out and send in yourself. which will cost you money. Then when the new owners pick up their pups you give the certificate to the new owner who then turns around and spends their money to get a copy of their pedigree.

Reactions: StaffyDaddy

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,246 Posts
Don't breed your dog. If you don't know these things you have no business breeding and are not at all helping the breed.

·
Premium Member
13,373 Posts
You have not business breeding dogs if you have a questions like that. BUT everyone has to learn some where and I suggest sticking around and learning more about dogs and breeding before you breed your dog. Just because she heat cycles does not mean you have to breed her. Stick around and learn more and maybe wait on breeding dogs till you know what you are doing and have good dogs to work with. Do you have a ped you can put up? maybe we can give you some opinions on what you have to work with.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
my dog been in cycles already but i havent done anything. I do have the paper and i do know that both need to be papered to get paper pups. BUt what i am wondering is do i have to register her or like put her under my name? I just want to know so if I ever breed her i can do it the right way.

ONLINE PEDIGREES :: [268924] :: LEE'S EVEE

here is her ped.

·
Registered
757 Posts
my dog been in cycles already but i havent done anything. I do have the paper and i do know that both need to be papered to get paper pups. BUt what i am wondering is do i have to register her or like put her under my name? I just want to know so if I ever breed her i can do it the right way.

ONLINE PEDIGREES :: [268924] :: LEE'S EVEE

here is her ped.
Yes, you need to get your dog put in your name.

Decently bred, but still not a good reason to breed her. You need to have a reason (other than producing pups) to breed. There's to many people out there already producing pups without good reason. Thats whats killing this breed.

·
Premium Member
13,373 Posts
She has a decent pedigree, so ok I will help.....

She has to be registered in your name, Send in her ADBA papers and transfer it in your name. After that when you breed her fill out the forms from the adba and you can register the litter. You cannot register the litter if she in not in your name.

So stick around and learn more breeding here is a great website you can read on breeding dogs. It really tells you how to do it the right way and what you will need to breed a dog. It is like the "breeding dogs for dummies" website, shoot every time I breed I still reference it, lots of good info.

So you want to breed, I want to breed my Dog, Should I breed My Dog?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks for the help. but i still cant find where i can get the forms for the breeding, does it come with when i register the dog under my name?

·
Premium Member
13,373 Posts
Here is the link for the ADBA litter reg info. You need to put your female in your name as soon as you can to avoid fees. Did the person who sold or gave you the dog sign the back of her ADBA paperwork? If not they need to before you can send it in.

American Dog Breeders Association

·
I AINT HARD TO FIND
7,624 Posts
thanks for the help. but i still cant find where i can get the forms for the breeding, does it come with when i register the dog under my name?
I'm not going to get into this very much, because sometimes I am very opinionated... So let me just say, REGISTER the dog first, learn some more and THEN worry about breeding. I'm sorry, but if you don't even know how to register a dog, you are not experienced enough to consider breeding.

I think a couple members on here are helping you because you SEEM to have an ok dog, however I think they are giving you advice because a) someone who has their mind set on something normally goes thru with it, and b) because theyre trying to be open and hope you can be the same.

Like Neela said, your question is not going to get "NICE" posts, but it's people who breed for anything other than the benefit of the breed that only bring it down more and more. Please stick around and reconsider your actions.

·
Premium Member
13,373 Posts
Well I would expect that he is going to breed his dog no matter what so every one has to start some where. He has a decent dog so I would rather say I helped than to let him do it with out help.
Every one starts some where, some of us were just educated enough to learn to walk before we tried to run.

·
I AINT HARD TO FIND
7,624 Posts
Well I would expect that he is going to breed his dog no matter what so every one has to start some where. He has a decent dog so I would rather say I helped than to let him do it with out help.
Every one starts some where, some of us were just educated enough to learn to walk before we tried to run.
Good stuff. This is one of the better attitudes I've seen in this sort of situation. I am not condoning breeding like you plan to, but at least take some time to absorb some knowledge from the seasoned dog owners/breeders before pursuing your goal. When you do breed, you want to ask youself what the goal of your breeding is. The final answer should be something that contributes to the welfare and the image of our breed. That's about all I'm going to say on this one.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Do you have papers? You sound like you don't have any on hand. Not to be rude or nothin. You should have got the papers when you got her from who ever yo got her from. Without hat then your dog really isn't paperd at all

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i do have the papers and i have been keeping dogs for like the past 3 years, So i do have some knowledge of what to do but i just never had a paper dog thats it.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Here is the link for the ADBA litter reg info. You need to put your female in your name as soon as you can to avoid fees. Did the person who sold or gave you the dog sign the back of her ADBA paperwork? If not they need to before you can send it in.

American Dog Breeders Association
thanks for this info. I do have the signature in the back from the breeder. My friend which bought her never register her to his name so i have to pay the late fee then.

·
Registered
618 Posts
yupp a whole 10 bones. I never get the papes before the date is up for that.

·
Registered
757 Posts
thanks for this info. I do have the signature in the back from the breeder. My friend which bought her never register her to his name so i have to pay the late fee then.
You will only have to pay the late fee if he dated it next to his signature.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts