Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i bought my boy and he was already ukc reg. what r the other kennel clubs in the U.S. availble for pits and bullys . is there a way to duel reg. my boy or do the sire and dam required to be duel reg. for that?

·
OCD Bullyologist
8,663 Posts
i bought my boy and he was already ukc reg. what r the other kennel clubs in the U.S. availble for pits and bullys . is there a way to duel reg. my boy or do the sire and dam required to be duel reg. for that?
You should register him with the ABKC if he is an American Bully.

They are closing their single registrations as of mid year 2012 so get him registered ASAP. :) It's the official and only registry for the American Bully and I encourage everyone to register their dogs with them.

ABKC Registration Form

·
Premium Member
13,373 Posts
:goodpost: It depends on what you're trying to accomplish by registering the dog. You do you have an American Pit Bull Terrier or an American Bully? If you have an APBT there are other registries you can do like ADBA for conformation and Weight Pull, you can also do Bona Fide Kennel Club for recording purposes, and AADR for conformation and WP. There might be others but I am tired and cannot think of anymore.
If you have an American Bully then you should register them with the ABKC and then trash your UKC paperwork since you should only have registration with the kennel club that represents your breed.

·
OCD Bullyologist
8,663 Posts
:goodpost: It depends on what you're trying to accomplish by registering the dog. You do you have an American Pit Bull Terrier or an American Bully? If you have an APBT there are other registries you can do like ADBA for conformation and Weight Pull, you can also do Bona Fide Kennel Club for recording purposes, and AADR for conformation and WP. There might be others but I am tired and cannot think of anymore.
If you have an American Bully then you should register them with the ABKC and then trash your UKC paperwork since you should only have registration with the kennel club that represents your breed.
He has an Am Bully, Lisa :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts