Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im new here and was hoping to get an answer. I was told by a friend that I can get my ADBA reg. dog registered with the UKC just by sending her papers in to the UKC. Im asking because most of the bully pups I come across are UKC registered. Or could I also get a UKC male and do the same to register him with the ADBA.

· Premium Member
13,448 Posts
UKC closed their stud books so unless the parents are UKC registered no you cannot. If the parents are UKC registered then yes you can.

You can register a UKC dog with the ADBA by filling out a single registration.

However if you have a bully you should ONLY be registering your dog with the ABKC. The UKC stopped registering dogs all because too many people where trying to register Bullies as APBT's with the UKC.

· Premium Member
9,176 Posts
if you have a bully he can be registered with the ABKC using the ADBA registration you have . here is the link just download and print the registration form and I believe for americans its $20 , and copy of the ADBA registration is needed. Registration // The American Bully Registry

· Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanx, so from what ya are telling me if i buy a ukc male im better off registering him and my adba female with the abkc. And from looking at some of the adba show pics on here my female is too big at 9 months to compete in adba shows and shes still growing. Ill be kinda stuck in the middle with her since shes too big for adba shows but not "bully" enough for abkc shows.

· Premium Member
13,448 Posts
That is a problem with bullies that do not meet the ABKC standard, that is why breeders need to breed for their standard with the ABKC not making more dogs who do not fit anywhere. Hurry though the ABKC is closing the stud books so do it soon.

· Premium Member
9,176 Posts
it really depends on the bloodlines , is your dog actually an american bully? bullys can be all different sizes and weights if you check out the ABKC website it explains the different classes. most all bullys will not fit the ADBA standards but its a good registry if you want to do something like weight pulling. The UKC standards allows some bullys to fit in there , mostly classic style but even then it really isnt meant for the bullys. The ABKC is the best registry for the american bully if your dog doesnt fit into the standards as a show dog you may want to consider the idea that its just not a show dog period , not every dog is going to be a show dog. However saying that does not mean dont try , getting your dog in the ring is great experience for you and your dog and who knows maybe the judge will like that look , just dont go in expecting anything and you have nothing to lose. Fun shows are another great way to get the same experience but maybe fit in a bit better and most are a bit cheaper to enter as well. other things you may want to consider is doing some sort of event with your dog , something that isnt judged on looks and conformation. examples of this are things like obstacles , obedience trials, weight pulling, dock diving, flyball, or get into therapy work or work on getting a CGC there are lots of options for doing things with your dog even if he/she doesnt fit a standard.
at 9 months though your dog still has alot of time to grow and fill out , I know one of my girls was a late bloomer and didnt start to fill out much until after a year ,so you really dont know what you could end up with. every dog shown in the ABKC until a year old is shown as a standard with dogs of similar age , so get her in the ring now its a great start if you can do it early and get her used to the crowds, and dogs and noise now rather then later.

· Premium Member
13,448 Posts

· Premium Member
9,176 Posts
yup people make it sound like if the dog is registred then it must be greatquality and show quality and breeding quality ect. Thing is even from great show dogs you can have a litter with 2 champs as the parents and only end up with 1 or 2 in the litter that are actually show quality if that most will be pet. But alot of breeders want top dollar and want to sell them as these high end dogs when they are infact just pets. I hope people dont think though that because there dog may only be pet quality that they cant do anything with them , there are many events out there to get your dog into and training that can be done with them. A pet doesnt mean sit on the couch and do nothing you can get out there and meet people and other dogs and be actively involved with them doing things together.

· Premium Member
13,448 Posts
Or these BYB's sell all the puppies as show prospects and charge the same for all the pups even if they are not show quality. These people cannot even tell what a show quality dog is going to look like as a pup and they think they are all equal.

· Premium Member
9,176 Posts
To the OP I hope you dont take what im saying as saying your dog isnt show quality , I havent even seen your dog so im talking in general. But like I said your dog is still young and can fill out quite a bit more so you never know she may not fit a standard right now but that could change, you may end up with a nice classic or even standard yet. post pics would love to see :)

· Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
thanx for all the info everybody has given me. If my dog ends up being show quality or not does not make a difference to me or bother me because its my dog and im happy with what i got so far. My firend's dogs(her dad and uncle) are 100% gotty/greyline, 99-105 lb muscle no fat, not short great dogs that could be in bully shows and win. My other friend has a 50%gotty 50%RE male that has better everything than SOME of the abkc show winners i have seen but yet hes never showed him, because he doesnt see him as a show dog. Yet we have met people that always tell my friends to enter them into shows lol. I guess we can say we like to have great looking dogs that could be in shows if we really wanted them to be, but rather have them as great family pets.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.